Clinical Assistant Professor
Office Number: 229
Phone Number: 856-225-6921
Home Page: Financial Analysis & Decision Making
CV: Click Here (PDF)
J.D. Rutgers University, School of Law – Camden
MBA Drexel University
CPA New Jersey
- Raising capital at all levels from: an entrepreneur’s own resources through angel investors, venture capital, SBICs, initial public offerings, traditional and junk bonds and commercial paper. This topic includes: work on valuation techniques and the structure of private equity deals and federal and state securities laws.
- Corporate restructuring which involves identification of the root causes of poor performance and strategies for improvement. This interest is integrative bringing together tools and theories from: accounting, finance, economics, management and marketing. A related interest is bankruptcy and other laws that impact corporate restructuring.
Courses Taught: Raising Capital; Corporate Restructuring; Management Accounting; Foundations of Global Business Economics; Financial Accounting; Management of Investment Banking, Business Policy; Finance; and Financial Markets and Institutions.
Professional Activities & Honors: Member – Turnaround Management Association.
- Raising Capital, Springer, April 2005, hardcover 378 pages, IBSN 0-38725319-X, Financial Analysis & Decision Making, McGraw-Hill, November 2002, hardcover 411 pages, IBSN 0-07140665-4, Financial Analysis & Decision Making (Chinese Translation) McGraw-Hill, January 2004, IBSN 957-493759-3, soft cover 411 pages.
|Prof. David Vance, clinical associate professor of accounting at the Rutgers School of Business—Camden; author of the book “Raising Capital” (Springer) and the book “Financial Analysis and Decision Making” (McGraw-Hill). He can discuss:|
• Materiality (financial statement precision)
• Is “goodwill” income-generating or a plug figure?
• Materiality (financial statement precision) and its impact in investor decisions
• Success/failure indicators of IPOs