Clinical Assistant Professor
Office Room: 229
Phone Number: 856-225-6921
Home Page: Financial Analysis & Decision Making
Vita : Click here (PDF)
J.D. Rutgers University, School of Law – Camden
MBA Drexel University
CPA New Jersey
1. Raising capital at all levels from: an entrepreneur’s own resources through angel investors, venture capital, SBICs, initial public offerings, traditional and junk bonds and commercial paper. This topic includes: work on valuation techniques and the structure of private equity deals and federal and state securities laws.
2. Corporate restructuring which involves identification of the root causes of poor performance and strategies for improvement. This interest is integrative bringing together tools and theories from: accounting, finance, economics, management and marketing. A related interest is bankruptcy and other laws that impact corporate restructuring.
Courses Frequently Taught: Raising Capital; Corporate Restructuring; Management Accounting; Foundations of Global Business Economics; Financial Accounting; Management of Investment Banking, Business Policy; Finance; and Financial Markets and Institutions.
Professional Activities & Honors: Member, Turnaround Management Association.
Representative Publications: Raising Capital, Springer, April 2005, hardcover 378 pages, IBSN 0-38725319-X, Financial Analysis & Decision Making, McGraw-Hill, November 2002, hardcover 411 pages, IBSN 0-07140665-4, Financial Analysis & Decision Making (Chinese Translation) McGraw-Hill, January 2004, IBSN 957-493759-3, soft cover 411 pages.
|Prof. David Vance, clinical associate professor of accounting at the Rutgers School of Business—Camden; author of the book “Raising Capital” (Springer) and the book “Financial Analysis and Decision Making” (McGraw-Hill). He can discuss:|
• Materiality (financial statement precision)
• Is “goodwill” income-generating or a plug figure?
• Materiality (financial statement precision) and its impact in investor decisions
• Success/failure indicators of IPOs