Internship Program Structure
- Internships can be completed during the fall, spring, or summer semester*
- RSBC Internships are completed for a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 course credits
- Students must complete at least 120 hours in their internship position during the semester of enrollment
- Students may obtain an internship that is not related to RSBC and have that position considered for academic credit
- To appy for an RSBC-posted internships, student must submit the required documents through the Raptorlink posting(s)
- Written assignments pertaining to the experience are required, as per the course syllabus
- Students must have a minimum of 45 credits completed at time of application to the internship course
- Students must have completed English Comp I and Comp II and at least two Business Core course, or
- Students must have completed Business Communications, Organizational Behavior, and Principles of Marketing
- Students obtaining course credit for their internship should have a GPA of 2.75 or above at Rutgers University
*Internships that do not align with a traditional semester schedule may still be considered. Contact the Academic Director for consideration of a non-conforming schedule.
Getting an Internship
Contact the RSBC Academic Services Office
See our Resources for Students page for links
Interview and obtain an internship position offer
Contact the Student Experience Center for the required paperwork
Where are internship credits applied on my curriculum worksheet?
The application of internship-related credits depend on each student’s unique circumstances and must be reviewed for each student individually. Generally speaking, the credits may be applied as an Approved Elective or Free Elective. Final determination must be determined by your Academic Advisor.
How much coursework is required for the internship course?
Typically, students will be required to complete one paper that identifies and describes the company they are interning at, a SWOT analysis or critical project that requires the application of a student’s business skills, and an employer evaluation in which students discuss their experience throughout the internship, the new skills they’ve acquired, the challenges they’ve faced, etc. All assignments will be clearly stated on the course syllabus.
I’ve been offered an internship. How do I obtain credits for it?
Students are required to obtain two forms from the Student Experience Center: a Student Information and Consent Form and an Employer Information Form. Both forms must be completed and returned to the Academic Director for the student to become eligible for course registration. In addition, the employer must submit a position description outlining the tasks and duties that the student will be responsible for and the number of hours required per week.
I already have a job. Can my work here count as an internship?
Students are encouraged to complete internships that are related to their studies at RSBC. If you are currently employed at an organization that allows you to apply your academic accomplishments and learn new skills in your field, the position will be considered for internship eligibility.
Can I complete two internships at the same company?
Students are encouraged to seek out experiences at different employers in order to increase their exposure to various corporate cultures and business models. In some cases, a second internship at the employer that the first internship was completed will be considered if 1) the job title has changed and 2) the work completed by the student is markedly different. Support of this change in responsibilities must be documented in writing by the employer.