The Professional MAc program seeks to admit well-rounded individuals who can bring a unique perspective and contribute to the learning environment and cohort experience. Candidates are evaluated on many factors including managerial experience, professional character, leadership qualities, degree of motivation, and demonstrated scholastic ability. These aspects are measured by work experience, academic records, letters of recommendation, and the personal interview.
The specific admission criteria include the following:
- Four year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited university or institution
- Evidence of academic strength, as shown by a GMAT or GRE score* (or by another standardized graduate test)
- Submission of two letters of recommendation, resume, and a personal statement describing educational and professional goals
Required Prerequisites Courses: Intermediate Accounting I & II, Federal Income Tax, Auditing, and Cost Accounting.
For information regarding the Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting program, please click here.
There is a simple three-stage application process:
- Complete the online application available here and submit the non-refundable $65 application fee.
- (PMAc Program Code: 53054 2) (Mercer County College)
- Submit all required documents including:
- Original undergraduate/graduate transcripts
- GMAT or GRE test scores (or LSAT/MCAT scores)*
- 2 letters of recommendation (preferably one from a current or immediate past supervisor/manager)
- Personal statement
- The Rutgers School of Business-Camden Graduate Office will schedule interviews for qualified applicants with the PMAc Admission Committee.
For permanent residents or U.S. citizens who attended school outside of the U.S., we recommend that you obtain a transcript evaluation from the World Education Services for U.S. equivalency (http://www.wes.org
) or another organization that is certified by NACES (http://naces.org
*Applicants with exceptional work experience should send their resume to Beverly Ballard at email@example.com to request a waiver of test scores. The Associate Dean of Graduate Programs or his/her designee will provide a response within 7 working days of the request.