This Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting program is designed for students who have earned a bachelor’s degree in a non-accounting major, and who have been conditionally accepted in the PMAc program. The certificate is made up of up to eight undergraduate accounting courses to be completed on a part-time basis these are required to comply with the PMAc prerequisites.
The eight pre-requisite undergraduate accounting courses required for the PMAc program are:
- Introductory Financial Accounting (100 level course)
- Managerial Accounting (100 level course)
- Intermediate Accounting I (300 level course)
- Intermediate Accounting II (300 level course)
- Individual Federal Tax Accounting (300 level course)
- Auditing (400 level course)
- Cost Accounting (300 level course)
- Accounting elective (Advanced Accounting, Corporate Federal Taxation, Financial Statement Analysis, Accounting Information Systems, International Accounting Standards, Special Topics in Accounting, and Independent Studies)
Some or all of the prerequisite courses may be waived at the time of admission for those who have completed equivalent courses (with a B or above) in their undergraduate education and who can demonstrate proficiency. Decisions on acceptable courses for the waiver are made at the Director’s discretion based on review of the coursework and the institution.
Click here for curriculum worksheet.
*The curriculum work sheet is completed and signed by the Accounting area coordinator, at the time of the PMAc interview.
After receiving acceptance into the PMAc program, and it is determined that you will need the prerequisite courses provided by the certificate, then you will be added as a non-matriculating undergraduate student in the School of Business and registered for the appropriate accounting classes.
For more information or questions about the Certificate program, contact Joany McCracken at ude.sregtur.nedmacnull@ccmbj or (856) 225-6452.