The Accelerated BS/PMAc Dual-Degree Program at Rutgers School of Business-Camden (RSBC) offers highly motivated Accounting undergraduates an opportunity to accelerate their Master of Accounting studies and qualify for the 150 credit hour CPA certification requirement in conjunction with their undergraduate degree.
This innovative program allows undergraduates to enroll in undergraduate and graduate coursework concurrently during their senior year. In addition to fulfilling the CPA credit hour requirement, highlights of the program include:
- Accounting curriculum prepares students for the current job market
- Courses are taught by highly qualified Rutgers Accounting faculty and Industry Professionals
- Saturday schedule, with no courses during tax season, allows for full-time work or an internship
- Networking opportunities with current accounting professionals are provided
Students apply for program admission in the spring of their junior year and, if admitted, begin graduate work in the fall of their senior year. While enrolled as full-time undergraduates in their senior year, Dual Degree students also enroll in 12 credits of graduate coursework at no additional cost, which equates to a 40% reduction in the program cost. At the end of their senior year, students must earn the Bachelor’s degree. In the following 10 months, students complete the remaining 18 credits of graduate coursework to earn the Master’s degree one year after earning the Bachelor’s degree.
- Receive a 40% reduction in graduate program cost
- MAc courses begin in your Senior Year
- No graduate classes during peak tax season (March & April)
- Cutting-edge graduate accounting curriculum taught by exceptional Rutgers faculty and industry professionals
- Work toward the 150-hour sitting requirements for uniform CPA exam
- Network with working accounting professionals
- Start a full-time job or pursue additional internships during your 5th year, while completing the MAc program
Eligible Applicants Must:
- Be a matriculating RSBC student pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00
- Have completed Intermediate Accounting I with a minimum grade of “C” or better
- Have earned approximately 90 credits by the end of Junior Year (including applicable transfer credits)
- Maintain full-time undergraduate status during the fall semester of their senior year
- Successfully complete the BS in Accounting and be certified for degree in May of the senior year
For more detailed information on the program, entrance requirements, and the Program Application, view the BS-PMAC Dual Degree Packet.
To pursue this special opportunity, contact your RSBC Academic Advisor or the Danny Ulch, Professional Degree Programs Coordinator/Recruiter to express your interest in the program.