Campus Operating Status: The university is open and operating, and classes are proceeding on a normal schedule.
Dr. Dinesh Iyer
Strategy, International Business & Entrepreneurship
Office: BSB 220
Phone: (856) 225-2583
Ph.D., Purdue University
Professor Iyer’s research focuses on behavioral theory applications and corporate strategy based decision-making, innovation, and the performance implications of firm actions. His work has appeared in leading journals including the Academy of Management Journal and Journal of Business Research. Professor Iyer’s research has been presented at the annual meetings of the Strategic Management Society and Academy of Management.
After completing his Ph.D. in strategic management from Purdue University’s Krannert School of Management, Professor Iyer taught business policy and strategy at Undergraduate, MBA and Professional MBA programs at Ohio University. In addition to his academic career, his industry experience includes conducting audit services in India and the US, and managing a retail store in Nigeria.
Research Interests: Strategy
Courses Taught: Business Strategy & Corporate Strategy
Professional Activities and Honors:
- BPS Dissertation Award Finalist, AOM 2008
- Journal Publication Award (COB, Ohio University), 2007
- Purdue Research Foundation Grant 2005-2006
- Strategic Management Society Doctoral Workshop, 2005
- Academy of Management, BPS Doctoral Consortium, 2005
- Krannert Management Award for Teaching Excellence, 2003
- Strategic Management Scholar Award for Doctoral Study, 2003-2005
- Ross Doctoral Fellowship, 2002
- Rookie of the year award, GBQ Partners, 2002
- Member of Honor Society, Beta Gamma Sigma, 2001
- Iyer, D. N.. Bau, Massimo., Chirico, F., Patel, P., & Brush, T.H. (2019). “The Triggers of Local and Distant Search: Relative Magnitude and Persistence in Explaining Acquisition Relatedness”. Long Range Planning, 52(5).
- Ruth, D., Iyer, D. N., & Sharp, B. “Motivation and Ability in the Decision to Acquire”. Journal of Business Research. Forthcoming (Available online March 2012).
- Iyer, D. N., & Miller, K. D. 2008. “Performance Feedback, Slack, and the Timing of Acquisitions”. Academy of Management Journal, 51(4): 808-822.