Dr. John (Dan) Eshleman
Office: BSB 331
Phone: (856) 225-6693
Ph.D., Louisiana State University
Dan Eshleman joined the Rutgers School of Business-Camden in 2019. He received a B.S. in Accounting from North Carolina State University and a Ph.D. in Accounting from Louisiana State University. His research has been published in journals such as the Review of Accounting Studies, Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, Accounting Horizons, Managerial Auditing Journal, and Advances in Accounting, among others.
Research Interests: Audit Quality, Audit Markets, Audit Opinions, Supply-Chain Relationships.
Courses Taught: Introduction to Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting I and II, Cost Accounting, Big Data Analytics, Auditing, and Managerial Accounting for MBAs.
- Do Seasoned Industry Specialists Provide Higher Audit Quality? A Re-examination. 2020 (with P. Guo). Journal of Accounting and Public Policy. Forthcoming.
- Investor Sentiment, Misstatements, and Auditor Behavior. 2020 (with K. Amin and P. Guo). Contemporary Accounting Research. Forthcoming.
- Do Seasoned Industry Specialists Provide Higher Audit Quality?: Re-examination. 2020 (with P. Guo). Journal of Accounting and Public Policy. Forthcoming.
- Client and Audit Partner Ethnicity and Auditor-Client Alignment (with N. Berglund). Managerial Auditing Journal. 34(7):835-862.
- Customer-Base Concentration and Audit Pricing. 2018 (with Y. Ke and S. Li). Journal of Accounting and Finance, 18(4): 56-79.
- Auditor Size and Going Concern Reporting. 2018 (with N. Berglund and P. Guo). Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, 37(2): 1-25.
- The Effect of the SEC’s XBRL Mandate on Audit Report Lags. 2018 (with K. Amin and Q. Feng). Accounting Horizons, 32(1): 1-27.
- Business Strategy and Auditor Reporting. 2017 (with Y. Chen and J. Soileau). Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, 36(2): 63-86.
- Audit Market Structure and Audit Pricing. 2017. (with B. Lawson). Accounting Horizons 31(1): 57-81. Board Gender Diversity and Internal Control Weaknesses. 2016 (with Y. Chen and J. Soileau). Advances in Accounting, 33 (June): 11-19.