Ph.D., Rice University
Dr. Kahya’s research interests include prediction and forecasting methods, business failures, alternative income measurement methods, and international financial markets. Her articles have been published in such journals as Financial Review and the Journal of Business Finance and Accounting.
Courses Taught: Financial Accounting; Intermediate Accounting I and II; Short-Term Financial Management; Cost Accounting; Intermediate Accounting; Financial Statement Analysis; Financial Reporting; International
- “ Aristotle on Economic and Ethics”, (E. Kahya and S. Kim), Applied Economics and Finance Vol. 5, No. 6; November 2018, Published by Redfame Publishing, URL: http://aef.redfame.com.
- “Finance Methodology of Free Cash Flow” (U. Yaari, A. Nikiforov, E. Kahya, Y. Shachmurove) Global Finance Journal, v.29, February 2016, pp. 1-11.
- “The Time Series Behavior of Financial Ratios” (E. Kahya, Arav Ouandlous, P. Theodossiou) Managerial Finance, v.27, no.8, 2001, pp 1-1 5.
- “Predicting Corporate Financial Distress: A Time-Series CUSUM Methodology” (E. Kahya and P. Theodossiou), Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting. v.1 3 no.4, 1999, pp. 323-345.
- “Correlation of Returns in Non-contemporaneous Markets,” (E. Kahya) Multinational Finance Journal, v.l no.2, 1997, pp.1 23-1 35.
- “Volatility Reversion and Correlation Structure of Returns in Major International Stock Markets” (P. Theodossiou, E. Kahya, G. Koutmos, and A. Christofi) Financial Review, v.32, no.2, 1997, pp.205-224. Also in Yolatilitv: New Techniques for Pricing Derivatives and Managing Financial Portfolios, Robert Jarrow, ed., Risk Publications, 1998, pp. 275-283.
- “Prediction of Business Failure: A Funds Flow Approach,” (E. Kahya) Managerial Finance,v.23, no. 3, 1997, pp.64-71.
- “Financial Distress and Corporate Acquisitions: Further Empirical Evidence” ( P. Theodossiou, E. Kahya, R. Saidi and G. Philippatos) Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, v.23, no. 5&6, 1996, pp.699-719.
- “Modeling Volatility of Foreign Exchange Price Changes,” (E. Kahya, G. Koutmos and D. Nuven) Managerial Finance, v.20, no. 516, 1994, pp.51 -66.
- “The Information Content of Accounting Earnings with Respect to Stock Prices in Greece: An Empirical Investigation,” (E. Kahya, A. Maggina and P. Theodossiou) Journal of Multinational Financial Management, v.3, no. 314, 1993, pp.1 43-1 57. Co-published in European Equity Markets and Corporate Financial Decisions, edited by John Doukas, and Ike Mathur, The Haworth Press, Inc., 1993.
|Dr. Emel Kahya, associate professor of accounting at the Rutgers School of Business—Camden. She can discuss:|
• Cash flow accounting
• Current cost information
• Fund flows and predictions
• International accounting
• Prediction models for business failure
International Business Issues (Accounting):
• International Accounting