Ph.D., Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, Rutgers Business School
Dr. Kim is an Assistant Professor in Management at Rutgers University. His research interests focus on corporate governance, top management teams, social media marketing strategies, merger and acquisition, board gender diversity, cultural and geographical distance, intellectual property rights, game theory, international trade, and econometrics. His research has appeared in the Journal of Interactive Marketing, and Multinational Business Review.
Research Interests: Strategy, International Business, and Economics
Courses Taught: Business Policy, Strategic Management, International Business, and Multi-national Business
- Wang, Z., & Kim, H.G. (Equally contributed) 2017. Can social media marketing improve customer relationship capabilities and firm performance? Dynamic capability Perspective. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 39: 15-26.
- Cho, S., & Kim, H.G. (Equally contributed) 2017. Intellectual property rights protection and technological innovation: The moderating effect of internationalization. Multinational Business Review, 25(4): 350-368.
Manuscripts Under Review
- Kim, H.G., Gaur, A.S., & Mukherjee, D. 2017. The effects of added cultural distance on ownership decision in cross-border acquisitions. (Under Review, Journal of Management)
- Kim, H.G., & Cho, S. 2017. Parents’ knowledge and foreign affiliate’s knowledge sourcing. (Under Review, Journal of World Business)
- Kim, H.G., & Wang, Z. 2017. Conceptualizing and measuring social customer relationship management (CRM) capabilities (Under review, Strategic Management Journal)
Work in Progress
- Kim, H.G., Sambharya, R., & Singh, D. 2017. “Market reaction to cross-border acquisition announcements: The effect of added cultural distance” (Dissertation chapter)
- Kim, H.G., Gaur, A.S., & Pattnaik, Chinmay. “The effects of added cultural distance on deal completion in cross-border acquisitions”
- Kim, H.G., & Gaur, A.S. “The effects of added cultural distance on capability transfer in cross-border acquisitions”
- Lee, S.B., & Kim, H.G. “CSR activity is responsible activity for shareholder? Insurance effect of CSR”
- Kim, K., & Kim, H.G. “Liabilities-of-Origin Effect on the Post-Acquisition Performance of Target”