Ph.D., Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, Rutgers Business School
Dr. Kim is an Assistant Professor in Management at Rutgers University. His research interests focus on corporate governance, top management teams, social media marketing strategies, merger and acquisition, board gender diversity, cultural and geographical distance, intellectual property rights, game theory, international trade, and econometrics. His research has appeared in the Journal of Interactive Marketing, and Multinational Business Review.
Research Interests: Strategy, International Business, and Economics
Courses Taught: Business Policy, Strategic Management, International Business, and Multi-national Business
Kim, H.G., & Wang, Z. 2019. Defining and measuring social customer relationship management (CRM) capabilities. Journal of Marketing Analytics, 7(1): 40-50.
Wang, Z., & Kim, H.G. (Equally contributed) 2017. Can social media marketing improve customer relationship capabilities and firm performance? Dynamic capability Perspective. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 39: 15-26.
- Cho, S., & Kim, H.G. (Equally contributed) 2017. Intellectual property rights protection and technological innovation: The moderating effect of internationalization. Multinational Business Review, 25(4): 350-368.
Manuscripts Under Review
- Kim, H.G., Gaur, A.S., & Mukherjee, D. The effects of added cultural distance on ownership decision in cross-border acquisitions. (2nd round review, International Business Review)
- Kim, H.G., & Cho, S. Foreign affiliates’ knowledge sourcing from parent firms. (Under Review, Journal of International Management)
- Kim, H.G., Chun, W., & Wang, Z. The effect of multi-dimensions of CSR on brand value: A stakeholder theory perspective (Under Review, Journal of Business Ethics)
- Wang, Z., Singh, N., & Kim, H.G. Assessments of multinational’s payments for ecosystem services and disclosure in CSR reports: A research based on fortune 300 (Under Review, Organization
Work in Progress
- Kim, H.G., Singh, D. & Sambharya, R. “Market reaction to cross-border acquisition announcements: The effect of added cultural distance”
- Kim, K., & Kim, H.G. “Liabilities-of-Origin Effect on the Post-Acquisition Performance of Target”
- Lee, S.B., & Kim, H.G. “Good corporate citizenship for a rainy day: examining the buffer effect of CSR in the market downturn”
- Hwang, H., Kim, H.G., & Kim, J.Y. “Local Shareholders, Corporate Community Responsibility, and Shareholder Value”