You only get one chance to make a first impression. Dress for success!
- A solid dark blue or gray
- A light-colored shirt or blouse
- Clean, polished, traditional shoes
Personal Appearance is Vital
- Well-groomed hair
- Clean, trimmed fingernails
- Minimal cologne or perfume
- Tattoos and piercings are hidden/removed
- No bulges in pockets (leave non-essentials at home or in your vehicle)
Tips for Men
- A necktie can say a lot about you. A conservative pattern, in silk, is best.
- Dark shoes and dark socks are a must. Black is preferred.
- Short hair is preferred by interviewers. Get a haircut and groom facial hair.
- A wedding ring should be your only jewelry.
Tips for Women
- A pant suit is preferred to a dress. This includes a dress with a jacket.
- Makeup should be natural-looking. Hair should be pulled away from the face.
- Conservative shoes with a low to mid heel. Hosiery should match natural skin tone.
- Accessories should be minimal. Nail polish should be clear or neutral.
Keep in mind: Employers are not looking for which candidate is the most fashion-forward. They are looking for a candidate who will make an excellent employee. Let them focus on your skills and abilities.