Room 212, 227 Penn St, Camden, NJ | (856) 225.6228 | email@example.com
This document was created to give RSBC students tips for writing clear and effective resumes that will lead to interviews and, ultimately, gainful employment.
Choose a clear and concise format for showcasing your strengths
- Don’t detract from the important details by burying them in paragraphs. Use bullet points!
- Create a one-page resume that covers all the bases without being verbose.
- There are hundreds of resume and cover letter templates online for both Microsoft Word and Pages for Mac. Find a style that suits you and compliments your credentials.
Use a basic, clear font that is easy to read
- Sans Serif fonts tend be to be most legible. Arial, Gill Sans MT, Lucida Sans, Tahoma, Trebuchet MS, and Verdana are recommended.
- Focus on the content, not the artistry!
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Customize your resume for each position you apply for.
- This allows you to demonstrate your experiences as they relate to each position.
- Save each version of your resume so that you’re working off of the same resume as the interviewer. It’s easier to go over your resume with them when you’re seeing the same version as they are.
- Use your library of custom resumes as templates for similar positions in the future.