The International Study program at the Rutgers School of Business–Camden is a unique alternative to traditional three-credit courses. The emphasis is on integrating brief periods of travel with regularly offered courses. During the Spring term, we offer one or two courses to extend the work of the classroom into a first-hand experience of cultural life outside the United States.
- South Africa Study Program The South Africa Study Program gives Rutgers School of Business–Camden students a first-hand look at how business is conducted in an emerging growth market. The program’s highlight is a 12-day trip to South Africa where students and faculty meet with businesses and government agencies to learn about the business practices in the region. Business meetings in Cape Town, Johannesburg, and other locales are the core of the itinerary. Sightseeing and visits to cultural institutions round out this once-in-a-lifetime academic experience.
- Brazil Study Program The Rutgers School of Business–Camden (RSBC) offers a three-credit course that introduces the concepts, framework and issues of doing business in Brazil and Latin America. The program highlight is an eight-day study trip to Brazil. In addition to a strong academic component, students visit businesses, government institutions, as well as world-famous landmarks and cultural / historic sites and attractions to learn more about business practices in this region.
The trip includes stays in Rio de Janeiro and other venues. Learning opportunities arise in all facets of the course, including meetings with small and medium-sized enterprises, global companies and government entities. Other highlights include:
- Christ the Redeemer (Corcovado), one of the seven wonders of the world
- Sugar Loaf Mountain (Pao de Acucar), a famous Brazilian landmark
- Visit to an urban rainforest