Breanna Carey

1. Breanna, you came here from Gateway Regional High School, why did you choose Rutgers – Camden School of Business?
I loved the size of Rutgers – Camden because you aren’t just a number here. It also has a great reputation for my major (Marketing) and it’s cool that it is right next to Philly.

2. What originally made you want to get into the Marketing major?
Marketing has a lot of depth to it. It allows you to use your creativity in one aspect and work with data in another. I enjoy doing both, so Marketing was the choice for me.

3. Have you gotten involved on-campus outside of the classroom?
I joined many different clubs my first semester, but I’ve gotten the most from the Marketing Association. Being surrounded by other like-minded students challenges your ideas and helps you grow as a professional.

4. What has surprised you most about Rutgers – Camden from the time you arrived?
I love how close-knit the campus is. I came from a small high school, so it’s nice to still have an intimate campus where I see people I know all the time.

5. Are you currently involved in anything outside of Rutgers?
I currently intern at a marketing firm, “The Marketing Difference” and waitress on the weekends. In my free time, I play indoor field hockey.

6. We’re glad to hear that you secured an internship with The Marketing Difference! Is there a favorite class of yours that has prepared you for work?
I really enjoyed ‘Retail Marketing & E-Commerce’ with Dr. Kaufman-Scarborough. The class touched on many things I currently do at work on a daily-basis. My ‘Marketing Research’ class was also very helpful.

7. What’s one piece of advice that you would give the current Gateway senior class?
I would say that college will give you many great opportunities, so take advantage of them all! Also, don’t be discouraged if you don’t have it all figured out yet. You have more time than you think.

Scroll to Top

BLDP Shadowing Days Application

After being notified of a match, students are responsible for providing personal information to the matched executive (e.g., current resume and cover letter with information on career ambitions). The information on this application is for internal use only, for us to match you as well as possible with and executive from among our alumni database.

BLDP Application

The Spring 2021 Application is now open! 

Priority will be given to applications received by Sunday, November 15, 2020. Applications are accepted until all seats are filled. Space is limited, so apply early!

The seminar application process is our gateway for entry into the program. Upon acceptance into BLDP, students will be emailed their acceptance letter plus a special permission number allowing registration for the BLDP seminar.

Requirements

Seminar applications are solicited each semester and require

1. completed application form (submitted online and found elsewhere on this website),
  2. a personal essay, and
  3. two letters of recommendation (one academic; one other).

Rutgers-Camden students are invited to apply to apply for enrollment in the BLDP seminar. All applicants are expected to meet both of the following selection criteria:  Have sophomore standing or above and have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above. First-semester transfer students will be evaluated based on their GPA earned at Rutgers. Students who fail to meet these admission criteria may still be allowed to apply for (and possibly enroll in) the BLDP seminar, but they will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

The director balances evaluations to make final decisions on people accepted for the seminar (up to a maximum of 15-20 each semester).

Students who are admitted to the BDLP are rquired to adopt the BLDP Code of Conduct. A signed contract is required from each student.

Students may count activities toward “leadership units” that were initiated prior to taking a seminar, as long as those activities occur primarily during their enrollment in their academic program.

Application for Admission to BLDP Seminar

Applications For BLDP Seminar will be ongoing until class is filled.

• * Indicates a required field.

• Contact Information

• Academic Information

• Please enter a number from 0 to 500.
  • Transfer students only.
  • Employment Information

• List relevant employment history

• EmployerPositionDates of Employment 
  • School Leadership Information

• Provide evidence of leadership initiative while enrolled in school by listing all school-based organizations and activities in which you have held a leadership role while a student.

• OrganizationRoleDates 
  • Community Leadership Information

• Provide a list of community or volunteer activities in which you engaged in a leadership role.

• OrganizationRoleDates of Activity 
  • Essay

• Please write a short essay between 150 to 350 words, in which you discuss the reasons why your application should be considered for the Business Leader Development Program, including what you hope to gain from the program and what you can contribute.

• Additional Submission Instructions

• For your application to be complete, this form and TWO REFERENCE LETTERS must be on file in the Director's office. Ideally, you will receive one letter from an academic source (e.g., a former or current instructor), and one from a business source (e.g., a former employer - even if for a part-time or volunteer position). Your letter writers should mail them directly to: Dr. Oscar Holmes IV, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs, Rutgers University, School of Business, 227 Penn Street, Camden, NJ 08102 or email the letters to oscar.holmesiv@rutgers.edu.

Please only submit one application. If you experience any technical problems or need to submit the application again, please contact ldrshp@camden.rutgers.edu.

Thank you.

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.