1. Breanna, you came here from Gateway Regional High School, why did you choose Rutgers – Camden School of Business?
I loved the size of Rutgers – Camden because you aren’t just a number here. It also has a great reputation for my major (Marketing) and it’s cool that it is right next to Philly.
2. What originally made you want to get into the Marketing major?
Marketing has a lot of depth to it. It allows you to use your creativity in one aspect and work with data in another. I enjoy doing both, so Marketing was the choice for me.
3. Have you gotten involved on-campus outside of the classroom?
I joined many different clubs my first semester, but I’ve gotten the most from the Marketing Association. Being surrounded by other like-minded students challenges your ideas and helps you grow as a professional.
4. What has surprised you most about Rutgers – Camden from the time you arrived?
I love how close-knit the campus is. I came from a small high school, so it’s nice to still have an intimate campus where I see people I know all the time.
5. Are you currently involved in anything outside of Rutgers?
I currently intern at a marketing firm, “The Marketing Difference” and waitress on the weekends. In my free time, I play indoor field hockey.
6. We’re glad to hear that you secured an internship with The Marketing Difference! Is there a favorite class of yours that has prepared you for work?
I really enjoyed ‘Retail Marketing & E-Commerce’ with Dr. Kaufman-Scarborough. The class touched on many things I currently do at work on a daily-basis. My ‘Marketing Research’ class was also very helpful.
7. What’s one piece of advice that you would give the current Gateway senior class?
I would say that college will give you many great opportunities, so take advantage of them all! Also, don’t be discouraged if you don’t have it all figured out yet. You have more time than you think.