Certificates are one of the fastest-growing professional credentials. Learn how to get started and successfully earn a graduate certificate from the Rutgers School of Business-Camden (RSBC). Graduate certificates can be earned within one of our graduate programs or as stand-alone academic credentials that allow you to broaden your knowledge, update your professional profile, and advance your career. Completing a certificate program can also be a great first step in exploring a new area or advancing to a degree program.
Graduate Certificates are available in the following areas:
100% Online Courses
All courses towards a graduate certificate are offered through a 100% online mode of delivery, taught by internationally renowned RSBC faculty.
Each stand-alone certificate is comprised of four (4) required courses, including one foundational course plus three industry-focused courses.
Upcoming Info Sessions
- Accounting Analytics (Certificate)
- Biz Analytics (Certificate)
- Digital Marketing (Certificate)
- Fintech (Certificate)
- Forensic Accounting
- Graduate School
- Investments & PWM (Certificate)
- Strategic Leadership (Certificate)
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Getting Started and FAQs
- Complete the Graduate Admissions Application as a non-degree student, using the program code for the selected certificate program:
• Digital Marketing – Program Code: 53135C2
• Investments and Private Wealth Management – Program Code: 53135C3
• Strategic Leadership – Program Code: 53135C4
• Business Analytics – Program Code: 53135C1
• Certificate in Accounting Analytics – Program Code: 53135C6
• Certificate in Forensic Accounting – Program Code: 53135C7
• Certificate in FinTech – Program Code: 53135C5
- Pay the non-refundable application fee.
- Submit one official transcript from each post-secondary school, demonstrating a four-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited university or institution plus any further education.
- Submit your CV or resume.
To earn the Certificate, you must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (i.e., B average), and no grades of a C or below in any of the certificate courses. Therefore, students must earn a grade of A, B+, or B in a certificate course in order to have it count toward the certificate.
Currently, students are able to retake a certificate course in order for it to qualify for a certificate. The course will be listed on your transcript for each term that you take it and will include all grades that you are assigned.
Although a certificate can be completed in four semesters, taking one course each semester, including summer. To complete the certificate, students must complete all applicable courses within three years from the first day they start the certificate program. See the information below for a sample of the start and required completion time frame.
- Fall 2020 | Summer 2023
- Spring 2021 | Fall 2024
- Summer 2021 | Spring 2024
Our four-course stand-alone certificates offer concentrated pathways for students looking to enhance a specific skill set or fulfill a knowledge gap. Earning a certificate demonstrates to employers that you are knowledgeable in a focused-learning area, as well as your determination and discipline to succeed academically. You are awarded a certificate upon completion.
Our master’s degree programs are a more comprehensive, long-term academic commitment, requiring 10 to 14 courses to complete. Certificates can be earned within the master’s degree programs by appropriately selecting your elective courses. You must meet specific admissions requirements and complete a degree program application to pursue a degree.
If you plan to pursue multiple certificates, keep in mind that each course can only count toward one certificate. Each certificate is carefully designed to include a distinct set of courses to ensure its academic and professional value.