Rutgers School of Business-Camden
· Collegiality · Inclusiveness · Innovation · Rigor · Relevance · Impact
Our strategic priorities are grounded in three intertwined value domains: excellence in knowledge creation, inspired learning environment, and co-created & engaged Community.
Excellence in Knowledge Creation
1. Foster research productivity and invest in intellectual and human capacity.
- Continue to invest in faculty and professional staff across all business areas.
- Provide incentives that encourage research productivity.
- Create Centers of Excellence and Endowed Research Chairs and Professorships.
- Cooperate with RBS Newark/New Brunswick to mentor Ph.D. students.
- Promote faculty research and visibility.
2. Design and develop innovative and high quality academic programs.
- Introduce more career-oriented undergraduate tracks within majors and Focused Learning Modules at the MBA level.
- Create interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary modules and programs.
- Plan offerings of interesting and relevant degree and non-degree certificate programs.
- Explore offering market-driven innovative graduate programs.
- Promote unique fractional learning modules and customizable and stackable programs.
Inspired Learning Environment
3. Create a transformational student success environment.
- Configure all business processes and activities with a student-centric approach from application to graduation.
- Continue developing Professional Skill Forums, requiring student participation and involvement in the Professional Development Labs, through the Student Experience Center.
- Develop and foster an ethical and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Focus on early warning systems that identify and flag problems and issues ahead of time to enhance retention and graduation rates.
- Regularly monitor and measure student success metrics including retention, graduation and placement.
4. Develop and promote experiential learning.
- Expand the internship program to include track specific opportunities within majors.
- Promote relevant industry certifications such as the Bloomberg certification, SHRM, etc.
- Encourage semester long and short term study-abroad opportunities to both on-campus and online students.
- Introduce more experiential learning courses and opportunities.
- Build and expand on the effective Business Leader Development Program (BLDP) and provide more corporate interaction opportunities to students.
Co-Created and Engaged Community
5. Create and promote a vibrant brand philosophy and identity.
- Develop the RSBC brand to communicate a clear and distinct positioning.
- Expand on the successful BTG and RUSE programs to foster access and improve quality and diversity.
- Promote diversity and inclusion among all aspects of the business school.
- Recruit and enhance admissions supported by delivering outreach activities for high school juniors and seniors.
- Create merit, means, and responsibility based scholarship award programs.
- Build and foster relationships with select international universities for mutually beneficial parallel degree and exchange programs.
6. Foster community and corporate partnerships and build and grow resources.
- Explore avenues to work effectively with the growing Camden business community
- Integrate better the Executive Education and Small Business Development Center (SBDC) units to deliver relevant and mutually beneficial programs to small, medium and large businesses.
- Continue to build deeper and meaningful relations with alumni and friends of the Business School.
- Identify passions and Inspire alumni and friends to invest in the school creating Centers of Excellence and building endowments for scholarships and professorships.
- Continue efforts to rally support and involvement to build the new Business School facilities.