Tas Tarek

1. Tasnimul, you came here from Collingswood High School, why did you choose Rutgers School of Business – Camden?
I chose Rutgers School of Business – Camden because of the intimate campus size, and the strong reputation of the Rutgers School of Business. In addition to the vibrant and diverse community. When I first stepped foot on this campus during a tour, I had a strong feeling that this is where I wanted to be.

2. Well we’re glad you’re here and double majoring! What made you want to take on both Accounting AND Finance?
While I was researching and figuring out what I wanted to major in, I came across a few different fields such as engineering, psychology, and criminal justice. The one that really stuck out to me was business. As soon as I knew I wanted to be a business major, I reached out to two of my good friends and Rutgers Alumni, Aynul Hasnat and Mohammed Karim. They showed me the ropes and made me realize what I can do with a dual major in Accounting and Finance. Now I’m here following in their footsteps.

3. Have you been able to get involved in the corporate world during your time on-campus?
Yes, during my time on-campus I’ve networked and built relationships with employers from J.P. Morgan Chase, KPMG, and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). I came across PwC in my first semester at Rutgers. I was able to participate in two of their programs which led me to an internship offer for Summer 2019.

4. That’s fantastic! Any other leadership roles you’ve held during your short time on-campus?
I was the treasurer of Management Student Association in Spring, 2018. Now I’m currently the SBC At-Large Representative for the Student Government Association (SGA) and a member of the Business Leader Development Program (BLDP).

5. Sounds like you’ve been busy. What do you like to do in your free time outside of the classroom?
During my free time outside of classroom, I volunteer for Young Muslims, an organization that provides the youth with an Islamic atmosphere where they can form bonds of brotherhood with their peers, they become comfortable with Islam and its teachings.

6. What has surprised you most about Rutgers – Camden from the time you arrived?
The amount of opportunities that there are for you to get involved and stand out amongst the rest. Also, at first it was surprising to me how all of the students at Rutgers care about and help each other.

7. So, you’re only a Sophomore. You have so much time to continue to get involved, gain internship opportunities and grow. Is there a favorite class on the horizon that you’re looking forward to – to prepare you for your career in the future?
I’m looking forward to taking Intermediate Accounting 1 and Intermediate Accounting 2. Two of the major courses that’ll definitely be challenging but will surely prepare me for my career in the future.

8. That should be extremely beneficial! What’s one piece of advice that you would give the current Collingswood Senior class?
The biggest thing that I’ve learned along this journey is not to take advice from people who operate from a place of fear and are unqualified to give it. I think that’s a natural tendency for a lot of human beings, especially seniors in high school.

Thank you for speaking with us Tasnimul!

Scroll to Top

BLDP Shadowing Days Application

After being notified of a match, students are responsible for providing personal information to the matched executive (e.g., current resume and cover letter with information on career ambitions). The information on this application is for internal use only, for us to match you as well as possible with and executive from among our alumni database.

BLDP Application

The Fall 2020 Application is now open! 

Priority will be given to applications received by Monday, May 25, 2020. Applications are accepted until all seats are filled.

The seminar application process is our gateway for entry into the program. Upon acceptance into BLDP, students will be emailed their acceptance letter plus a special permission number allowing registration for the BLDP seminar.

Requirements

Seminar applications are solicited each semester and require

1. completed application form (submitted online and found elsewhere on this website),
  2. a personal essay, and
  3. two letters of recommendation (one academic; one other).

Rutgers-Camden students are invited to apply to apply for enrollment in the BLDP seminar. All applicants are expected to meet both of the following selection criteria:  Have sophomore standing or above and have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above. First-semester transfer students will be evaluated based on their GPA earned at Rutgers. Students who fail to meet these admission criteria may still be allowed to apply for (and possibly enroll in) the BLDP seminar, but they will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

The director balances evaluations to make final decisions on people accepted for the seminar (up to a maximum of 15-20 each semester).

Students who are admitted to the BDLP are rquired to adopt the BLDP Code of Conduct. A signed contract is required from each student.

Students may count activities toward “leadership units” that were initiated prior to taking a seminar, as long as those activities occur primarily during their enrollment in their academic program.

Application for Admission to BLDP Seminar

Applications For BLDP Seminar will be ongoing until class is filled.

• * Indicates a required field.

• Contact Information

• Academic Information

• Please enter a number from 0 to 500.
  • Transfer students only.
  • Employment Information

• List relevant employment history

• EmployerPositionDates of Employment 
  • School Leadership Information

• Provide evidence of leadership initiative while enrolled in school by listing all school-based organizations and activities in which you have held a leadership role while a student.

• OrganizationRoleDates 
  • Community Leadership Information

• Provide a list of community or volunteer activities in which you engaged in a leadership role.

• OrganizationRoleDates of Activity 
  • Essay

• Please write a short essay between 150 to 350 words, in which you discuss the reasons why your application should be considered for the Business Leader Development Program, including what you hope to gain from the program and what you can contribute.

• Additional Submission Instructions

• For your application to be complete, this form and TWO REFERENCE LETTERS must be on file in the Director's office. Ideally, you will receive one letter from an academic source (e.g., a former or current instructor), and one from a business source (e.g., a former employer - even if for a part-time or volunteer position). Your letter writers should mail them directly to: Dr. Carol Kaufman-Scarborough, BLDP Director, Rutgers University, School of Business, 227 Penn Street, Camden, NJ 08102 or email the letters to ckaufman@camden.rutgers.edu.

Please only submit one application. If you experience any technical problems or need to submit the application again, please contact ldrshp@camden.rutgers.edu.

Thank you.

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.