Christa Peterson

What was your experience in the PMAc program like?
The PMAc program changed my life. The professors loved what they were doing. They were inspiring and knowledgeable. If you were interested and wanted to grow, they were really there for you.

How has the degree affected your career?
I’ve been a corporate accountant for twenty years. The PMAc gave me fresh knowledge and sharpened my skills. It has put me in a different playing field. I got a promotion in June to Director of Finance and Accounting. Having a PMAc degree means I don’t have to explain my skills. A business degree makes an impression. It was word of mouth about my master’s degree that lead to my new job.

What was it like actually being in the classroom every Saturday?
What was nice was the continuous learning for myself, from 8 to 5. We were all feeding our brains. No one could interrupt us. There were 16 in my class, and we all went through this together. I met people I know I will be friends with for life.

Any advice for future students?
Once you commit, you know that whatever happens, if you stick with it, something good will come from it. Don’t look back. Make sure you have a support system. My husband is an accountant and was supportive. Don’t wait until Friday to study. I loved that the program was 16 months. The administration, the teachers, and everyone involved really cared about the students.

Did you have to make sacrifices to get through the program?
For 16 months, you’re giving up your own free time, but the payoff is bigger.

Why did you choose Rutgers School of Business – Camden?
It is a name that is respected, especially the business school, and the classes were held in Princeton, 12 minutes from my house.

How did going back to school affect home and family life?
My kids are 15 and 14. They had to be okay with seeing me and not being able to talk to me because I had to study. I missed my daughter’s county track meet on a Saturday, and I missed my son’s soccer games on Sundays. I’d say, ‘I’m sorry I can’t go to that’ and then have a deeper conversation about why. They need you at every age, but the program doesn’t last two or four years. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

What was it like to return to a more normal schedule after you earned your degree?
There was a transition period because life was so altered. I was able to breath easier and had time to hang out with my family.

What three words come to mind when you think of the PMAc experience?
Hard-working. Knowledge. Success.

Scroll to Top

BLDP Shadowing Days Application

After being notified of a match, students are responsible for providing personal information to the matched executive (e.g., current resume and cover letter with information on career ambitions). The information on this application is for internal use only, for us to match you as well as possible with and executive from among our alumni database.

BLDP Application

The Fall 2020 Application is now open! 

Priority will be given to applications received by Monday, May 25, 2020. Applications are accepted until all seats are filled.

The seminar application process is our gateway for entry into the program. Upon acceptance into BLDP, students will be emailed their acceptance letter plus a special permission number allowing registration for the BLDP seminar.

Requirements

Seminar applications are solicited each semester and require

1. completed application form (submitted online and found elsewhere on this website),
  2. a personal essay, and
  3. two letters of recommendation (one academic; one other).

Rutgers-Camden students are invited to apply to apply for enrollment in the BLDP seminar. All applicants are expected to meet both of the following selection criteria:  Have sophomore standing or above and have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above. First-semester transfer students will be evaluated based on their GPA earned at Rutgers. Students who fail to meet these admission criteria may still be allowed to apply for (and possibly enroll in) the BLDP seminar, but they will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

The director balances evaluations to make final decisions on people accepted for the seminar (up to a maximum of 15-20 each semester).

Students who are admitted to the BDLP are rquired to adopt the BLDP Code of Conduct. A signed contract is required from each student.

Students may count activities toward “leadership units” that were initiated prior to taking a seminar, as long as those activities occur primarily during their enrollment in their academic program.

Application for Admission to BLDP Seminar

Applications For BLDP Seminar will be ongoing until class is filled.

• * Indicates a required field.

• Contact Information

• Academic Information

• Please enter a number from 0 to 500.
  • Transfer students only.
  • Employment Information

• List relevant employment history

• EmployerPositionDates of Employment 
  • School Leadership Information

• Provide evidence of leadership initiative while enrolled in school by listing all school-based organizations and activities in which you have held a leadership role while a student.

• OrganizationRoleDates 
  • Community Leadership Information

• Provide a list of community or volunteer activities in which you engaged in a leadership role.

• OrganizationRoleDates of Activity 
  • Essay

• Please write a short essay between 150 to 350 words, in which you discuss the reasons why your application should be considered for the Business Leader Development Program, including what you hope to gain from the program and what you can contribute.

• Additional Submission Instructions

• For your application to be complete, this form and TWO REFERENCE LETTERS must be on file in the Director's office. Ideally, you will receive one letter from an academic source (e.g., a former or current instructor), and one from a business source (e.g., a former employer - even if for a part-time or volunteer position). Your letter writers should mail them directly to: Dr. Carol Kaufman-Scarborough, BLDP Director, Rutgers University, School of Business, 227 Penn Street, Camden, NJ 08102 or email the letters to ckaufman@camden.rutgers.edu.

Please only submit one application. If you experience any technical problems or need to submit the application again, please contact ldrshp@camden.rutgers.edu.

Thank you.

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.