Nicole McKee

What do you do professionally?
I work in New York City for Weill Cornell Medicine in the Business Analytics Division. I manage a team of analysts and report writers, and we look at the strategy of healthcare throughout the establishment and how to bring more patients to Weill Cornell. That is, how do you get more patients to come to Weill Cornell when you have five world-renowned hospitals in Manhattan?

Why did you want the MBA degree?
I wanted to get a degree that would apply to my job. In my profession, it is a big advantage to have an MBA.

Why Rutgers School of Business – Camden?
I did my undergrad in economics with Rutgers in 2006. I wanted to be close to home. I’m not an online student. I wanted to be in class.

How did you juggle the demands of work and going to school?
I have a great husband. We have a three-and-a-half year old and now a baby. If I have a conference call with colleagues, we coordinate our schedules. At the beginning of the program, they said you need a good support system to get through this. When I got pregnant, I considered dropping out of the program. But I didn’t think I’d go back and finish. My daughter was born in February. For three months of my life? I thought we could deal with it and we did.

What appealed most to you about the PMBA program?
I’m not a marathon runner. I’m a sprinter, so shorter intensives appealed to me. I met a great group of people. You get a sense of different jobs and companies. Our class was made up of people from healthcare, IT, and Wall Street, and we all have different approaches. We figured out how to work together.

Any advice for prospective students?
The program is short, but the day in class is long, especially toward the end of the program. It goes faster overall. I’m shocked that the months have gone by so fast. You have to manage your time, don’t procrastinate. Sometimes I ended up staying up late on Friday night to be prepared. Be open-minded, because not everyone learns or thinks the same way you do.

How will life be different after graduation?
It will be really nice to have Saturdays back and to spend time this summer playing by the pool.

Scroll to Top

BLDP Shadowing Days Application

After being notified of a match, students are responsible for providing personal information to the matched executive (e.g., current resume and cover letter with information on career ambitions). The information on this application is for internal use only, for us to match you as well as possible with and executive from among our alumni database.

BLDP Application

The Fall 2020 Application is now open! 

Priority will be given to applications received by Monday, May 25, 2020. Applications are accepted until all seats are filled.

The seminar application process is our gateway for entry into the program. Upon acceptance into BLDP, students will be emailed their acceptance letter plus a special permission number allowing registration for the BLDP seminar.

Requirements

Seminar applications are solicited each semester and require

1. completed application form (submitted online and found elsewhere on this website),
  2. a personal essay, and
  3. two letters of recommendation (one academic; one other).

Rutgers-Camden students are invited to apply to apply for enrollment in the BLDP seminar. All applicants are expected to meet both of the following selection criteria:  Have sophomore standing or above and have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above. First-semester transfer students will be evaluated based on their GPA earned at Rutgers. Students who fail to meet these admission criteria may still be allowed to apply for (and possibly enroll in) the BLDP seminar, but they will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

The director balances evaluations to make final decisions on people accepted for the seminar (up to a maximum of 15-20 each semester).

Students who are admitted to the BDLP are rquired to adopt the BLDP Code of Conduct. A signed contract is required from each student.

Students may count activities toward “leadership units” that were initiated prior to taking a seminar, as long as those activities occur primarily during their enrollment in their academic program.

Application for Admission to BLDP Seminar

Applications For BLDP Seminar will be ongoing until class is filled.

• * Indicates a required field.

• Contact Information

• Academic Information

• Please enter a number from 0 to 500.
  • Transfer students only.
  • Employment Information

• List relevant employment history

• EmployerPositionDates of Employment 
  • School Leadership Information

• Provide evidence of leadership initiative while enrolled in school by listing all school-based organizations and activities in which you have held a leadership role while a student.

• OrganizationRoleDates 
  • Community Leadership Information

• Provide a list of community or volunteer activities in which you engaged in a leadership role.

• OrganizationRoleDates of Activity 
  • Essay

• Please write a short essay between 150 to 350 words, in which you discuss the reasons why your application should be considered for the Business Leader Development Program, including what you hope to gain from the program and what you can contribute.

• Additional Submission Instructions

• For your application to be complete, this form and TWO REFERENCE LETTERS must be on file in the Director's office. Ideally, you will receive one letter from an academic source (e.g., a former or current instructor), and one from a business source (e.g., a former employer - even if for a part-time or volunteer position). Your letter writers should mail them directly to: Dr. Carol Kaufman-Scarborough, BLDP Director, Rutgers University, School of Business, 227 Penn Street, Camden, NJ 08102 or email the letters to ckaufman@camden.rutgers.edu.

Please only submit one application. If you experience any technical problems or need to submit the application again, please contact ldrshp@camden.rutgers.edu.

Thank you.

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.