Rutgers School of Business–Camden will launch a 30-credit New Online MS in Finance-Wealth Management Program this fall. The wealth management industry is undergoing a significant transformation due to an aging workforce, fintech disruptions, and shifting demographics. The financial stewards of tomorrow will require a tailored set of skills to embrace the opportunities these disruptive forces are creating.
Grounded in investments, financial technology, leadership, and investor psychology, the Rutgers–Camden Online MSF program will help students hone the holistic skillset necessary to embrace the opportunities these disruptive forces are creating in the wealth management industry in as little as 12 months. With up to five years to graduate, the Online MSF program gives students the structure and flexibility to continue to work full-time while earning a graduate degree.
Successful financial advisors come from a wide variety of industries – from finance and accounting to education, psychology, and social work. To prepare graduates to move up in their current field or transition to a new field, two specializations are offered in Leadership in Wealth Management and Fintech in Wealth Management.
- For wealth management professionals destined for leadership roles, the MSF’s Leadership in Wealth Management Specialization is a perfect fit. Students who elect this specialization will take a series of courses that address all areas of business leadership, including teamwork, conflict resolution, negotiations, marketing, and much more.
- For those who want to harness the transformative power of technology, the MSF’s Fintech in Wealth Management Specialization is the ticket to success. With courses in financial technology, financial innovation, data analytics, and machine learning, students will be immersed in the world of fintech.
What is in Your Tech Stack?
Through partnerships with industry leaders in wealth management technology, students will have complimentary access to and gain hands-on experience with critical wealth management software solutions.
- Customer Relationship Management: RedTail
- Financial Planning: MoneyGuide Pro and eMoney
- Investment Data and Analytics: Morningstar
- Risk Tolerance: Riskalyze
It all starts with our faculty. They are experts in their fields who manage to pair internationally recognized research achievements with a passion for classroom education. They recognize the challenges and opportunities involved in teaching a class full of experienced professionals. Further, the faculty build their courses to make sure they are delivering truly practical education.
The MSF curriculum requires 30 graduate credits. The courses are delivered through a mix of synchronous and asynchronous online modalities. Students will complete 15 credits of foundation and core courses and 15 credits of approved electives, delivering the structure and flexibility to support students’ learning and lifestyle.
Not only will you learn from our exceptional faculty, but from your fellow students who bring expertise from a myriad of industries, non-profits organizations, and government!
All in all, it’s a great time to be at the Rutgers School of Business–Camden, and we invite you to visit us or attend a virtual information session to learn more about the Online MSF program and how you develop the skills to be a steward of tomorrow.
David Pedersen, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Finance
Director, MS in Finance-Wealth Management Program