Dr. Deeksha Singh
Office: BSB 261
Phone: (856) 225-6873
Ph. D., National University of Singapore
Dr. Singh’s work focuses on the theme of strategy-environment fit, within an institutional theoretical framework. Using institutional theory as the main theoretical lens, Dr. Singh has examined issues in the broad domains of corporate governance, firms’ growth strategies, and firm performance in different institutional contexts. Additionally, Dr. Singh has also examined the internationalization of emerging market firms and the importance of host market institutions for foreign subsidiary management. Dr. Singh has published in leading international business journals such as the Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of World Business, Global Strategy Journal, Management International Review, Journal of International Management, International Business Review and Corporate Governance: An International Review, amongst others.
- International Business: Firm Internationalization; Entry Mode; Ownership Strategies; Foreign Subsidiary Performance
- Strategy: Corporate Governance; Business Groups; Innovation in Emerging Market Firms
Courses Taught: Multinational Business; Business Policy
Professional Activities, Honors & Awards:
- 2021: Rutgers School of Business-Camden Annual Research Award.
- 2020: Rutgers University-Camden Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Research and Creative Activity
- 2018: Superior Achievement Award for Teaching (Online), Rutgers School of Business-Camden
- 2018: Nominated for the AIB/Temple Best Paper Award, Academy of International Business, Minneapolis, USA.
- 2018: Finalist for the Aalto University School of Business “That’s Interesting” Award, Academy of International Business, Minneapolis, USA.
- 2016: Best Reviewer Award, Academy of International Business, New Orleans, USA.
- 2016: Nominated for IM Division GWU-CIBER Best Paper on Emerging Markets, Academy of Management, Anaheim, USA.
- 2014: Douglas Nigh Best Paper Award, IM Division, Academy of Management
- 2014: AIB/Temple Best Paper Award, Academy of International Business
- 2013: International Journal of Emerging Markets Highly Commendable Paper Award, Emerald Literati Network.
- 2012: AIB Best Conference Paper Honorable Mention award, Academy of International Business, Washington DC, USA.
- 2012: AIB Best Paper in Developing Country Multinationals track, Academy of International Business, Washington, DC, USA.
- Gaur, A. S., Pattnaik, C., Singh, D., & Lee, J. Y. 2022. Societal trust, formal institutions and foreign subsidiary staffing. Journal of International Business Studies, 53: 1045-1061. https://doi.org/10.1057/s41267-021-00498-z.
- Pattnaik, C., Singh, D., & Gaur, A. S. 2021. Home country learning and international expansion of emerging market multinationals. Journal of International Management, 27(3): 100781. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intman.2020.100781.
- Nuruzzaman, N., Singh, D., & Gaur, A. S. 2020. Institutional support and hazards, and internationalization of emerging market firms. Global Strategy Journal, 10(2): 361-385. https://doi.org/10.1002/gsj.1365.
- Kumar, V., Singh, D., Purkayastha, A., Popli, M., & Gaur, A. S. 2020. Springboard internationalization by emerging market firms: Speed of first cross-border acquisition. Journal of International Business Studies, 51(2): 172-193. https://rdcu.be/cVgfw.
- Gaur, A. S., Pattnaik, C., Singh, D., & Lee, J. Y. 2019. Internalization advantage and subsidiary performance: The role of business group affiliation and host country characteristics. Journal of International Business Studies, 50(8): 1253-1282.
- Cuervo-Cazzura, A., Gaur, A. S. & Singh, D. (equal authorship). 2019. Pro-market institutions and global strategy: The pendulum of pro-market reforms and reversals. Journal of International Business Studies, 50(4): 598-632.
- Singh, D., Pattnaik, C., Lee, J. Y., & Gaur, A. S. (equal authorship). 2019. Subsidiary staffing, cultural friction and subsidiary performance: Evidence from Korean subsidiaries in 63 countries. Human Resource Management, 58(2): 219-234. https://doi.org/10.1002/hrm.21947.
- Singh, D. & Delios, A. 2017. Corporate governance, board networks and growth strategies. Journal of World Business, 52(5): 615-627.
Conference Best Paper Proceedings
- Yang, Y. & Singh, D. 2014. Foreign subsidiary location strategy and financial performance: A global value chain perspective. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, 2014.