Dr. Monica Adya
Dean & Professor of Management
Office: BSB 212
Phone: (856) 225-6082
Ph.D., Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University
Dr. Monica Adya serves as the Dean of the Rutgers School of Business–Camden. She is a skilled administrator and a noted scholar in information systems. Her research interests include participation and experiences of girls and women in information technology careers. She also conducts research on decision systems with an emphasis on forecasting support systems. Dr. Adya brings to this role a multi-disciplinary perspective of business education. Her experience with developing hybrid and online master’s and interdisciplinary programs uniquely positions her to lead the Rutgers School of Business–Camden. Her commitment to developing ethical business professionals, who not only receive an excellent foundation in business education but are equally cognizant of their social responsibility, is reflected in her approach to teaching in graduate and undergraduate programs.
Prior to serving as Dean, Dr. Adya served as Chair of the Management department at Marquette University’s College of Business, where she served on the faculty since 2002. While at Marquette, she led the development of a MS in Supply Chain Management, a Master in Management, and an interdisciplinary undergraduate Sport Management minor. Prior to Marquette, Dr. Adya served as faculty at DePaul University and at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. She received her PhD in Management Information Systems from The Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University, an MS in Computer Systems Management from Creighton University, and a Bachelor’s in Commerce from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University.
Dr. Adya’s research appears in international peer-reviewed journals that include Information Systems Research, Human Resource Management, Decision Support Systems, International Journal of Forecasting, and Information Technology & People. She has served as the Associate Editor for premier journals in her field, including Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, International Journal of Forecasting, and Information Systems Journal. Dr. Adya has received grants to support her teaching and research from various organizations, such as 3M Foundation and Naval Surface Warfare Center.
Dr. Adya has received international recognition for her pedagogical innovations. She has been recognized for her teaching innovations by the Decision Science Institute and received honorable mention by the American Council of Education. She was also the recipient of Marquette University’s teaching excellence award. She is a member of national honor societies including the Delta Sigma Pi and Alpha Sigma Iota which recognizes faculty for their innovative pedagogical practices.
Research Interests: Participation and experiences of girls and women in information technology careers; decision systems; forecasting support systems
- Undergraduate: Systems Analysis and Design; Project Management; Introduction to Information Systems; Global Technology Experience (India); Emerging Technologies
- Graduate: Project Management; Global Technology Experience (India); IS Strategy (Executive MBA)
- Executive Education: Innovation and Creativity; Effective Decision Making; Mentoring IS Professionals
- Adya, M. & Wren, G. (forthcoming). Stressed decision makers and use of decision aids: A literature review and conceptual model, Information Technology & People.
- Donovan, E., Guzman, I.R., Adya, M., & Wang, W. (2018). A cloud update of DeLong and McLean model of information systems success. Journal of Information Technology Management, 29(3), 23-34.
- Adya, M. & Lusk, E. (2018). Replication and extension of a forecasting decision support system: An empirical examination of the Time Series Complexity Scoring Technique, AIS Transactions on Replication Research: Vol. 4, Article 5, 1-12. DOIL 10.17705/1atrr.00025
- Stewart, A., Cotton, J.L., & Adya, M. (2017). Information Systems: A house divided? Communications of the AIS, Vol. 41, Article 24.
- Yadav, V., Adya, M., Sridhar, V., & Nath, D. (2016). Considerations for effective requirements analysis in offshore software development projects: Lessons from multi-method research, Communications of the AIS, Vol, 39, Article 11.
- Adya, M. & Lusk, E.J. (2016). Development and validation of a rule-based time series complexity scoring technique to support design of adaptive DSS. Decision Support Systems, 83(1), 70-82.
- Adya, M., Temple, B., & Hepburn, D. (2015). Distant yet near: Interdisciplinary collaboration and learning between engineering and business students through socially responsible projects. Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, 13(2), 129-149.
- Yadav, V., Adya, M., Nath, D., & Sridhar, V. (2014). Control, process facilitation, and requirements change in offshore requirements analysis: Indian IT provider perspective. Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application, Vol. 14, Article 3.