Campus Operating Status: The university is open and operating, and classes are proceeding on a normal schedule.
Dr. Murad Mithani
Office: BSB 254
Phone: (856) 225-6227
Ph.D., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Dr. Murad Mithani joined the Management area of the Rutgers School of Business–Camden in 2020. He earned his MS in Entrepreneurial Physics from Case Western Reserve University and his Ph.D. in Management from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Previously, he served as an Assistant Professor at the Stevens Institute of Technology. Dr. Mithani’s research focuses on strategy and organization theory, sustainability, and international business. In addition to his research appearing in several high quality journals, like the Journal of Management and the Journal of International Business Studies, he has received several research awards. Dr. Mithani serves as the Associate Editor, Strategy, of the South Asian Journal of Business Research and an Editorial Board Member for the Academy of Management Discoveries.
Research Interests: Strategy and Organization Theory; Sustainability; International Business
Courses Taught: Strategic Management; Technology and Innovation Management;Foundations of Management; Organizational Behavior
- Mithani, M. A. and Kocoglu, I. (In-press) “Idea Generation in Abductive Thinking: Not One but Three Approaches.” Academy of Management Review.
- Mithani, M. A. and Kocoglu, I. (In-press) “Human and organizational responses to extreme threats: a comparative developmental approach.” Management Decision.
- Mithani, M. A. and O’Brien, J. P. (In-press) “So What Exactly is a “Coalition” within an Organization? A Review and Organizing Framework.” Journal of Management.
- Mithani, M. A. (2020) “Adaptation in the Face of the New Normal.” Academy of Management Perspectives, 34 (4), 508-530.
- Kocoglu, I. and Mithani, M. A. (2020) “Does an Attractive Partner Make You a Better Leader? Only if You Are a Male!” Leadership Quarterly, 31, 2, 1-13.
- Mithani, M. A. (2019) “Corporate Political Transparency.” Business & Society, 58, 3, 644-678.
- Mithani, M. A. (2019) “Nationalism and the Local Political Engagement of Foreign Firms.” Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, 2019.
- Bertels, H. M. J., Mithani, M. A., Zhu, S., and Koen, P. A. (2019) “Innovation Champions.” International Journal of Innovation Management, 24, 3.
- Gupta, V. K., Mithani, M., & Guha, M. (2019). Creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in South Asia. South Asian Journal of Business Studies, 8(3), 325–331.
- Mithani, M. A. (2017) “Liability of Foreignness, Natural Disasters and Corporate Philanthropy.” Journal of International Business Studies, 48, 8, 941–963.
- Mithani, M. A. (2017) “Innovation and CSR – Do They Go Well Together?” Long Range Planning, 50, 6, 699-711.
- Mithani, M. A. (2017) “Big Data and Organizational Decision-Making.” In L. A. Schintler & C. L. McNeely (Eds.), The Encyclopedia of Big Data, p. 1-4.
- Mithani, M. A. (2013) “The Illusions of Power.” Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, 2013.
- Mithani, M. A., Veloz, Tomas and Gabora, Liane (2010). “Context Dependency of Opportunity Recognition and its Manifestation”. In P. Bruza, W. Lawless, K. van
Rijsbergen, D. Sofge, & D. Widdows (Eds.), Papers from the AAAI-Fall 2010 Symposium, p. 91 – 98.