Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin
Dr. Goh’s research articles have appeared in such journals as Management Science, Decision Sciences, Journal of Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, Operations Research Letters, and European Journal of Operational Research. He previously taught at Southern Methodist University and the University of Kentucky, where he received the university-wide Chancellor’s Award for Outstanding Teaching. He is on the editorial board of the journal Management.
Research Interests: Operations Management; Service Operations
Courses Taught: Operations Management; Management Science; Service Operations; Lean Management
- “Two-Stage Perishable Inventory Models,” with Betsy S. Greenberg and Hirofumi Matsuo, in Management Science, 39, 5, 1993, 633-649.
- “Perishable Inventory Systems with Batch Demands and Arrivals,” with Betsy S. Greenberg and Hirofumi Matsuo, in Operations Research Letters, 13, 1, 1993, 1-8.
- “A Two-Stage Procedure for Designing a Group Technology System,” with Chun-Hung Cheng and Anita Lee, in International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 15, 6, 1995, 41-50.
- “A Revised Weighted Sum Decision Model for Robot Selection,” with Chun-Hung Cheng and Yung-Chin Alex Tung, in Computers and Industrial Engineering, 30, 2, 1996, 193-199.
- “Solving the Generalized Machine Assignment Problem in Group Technology,” with Chun-Hung Cheng and Anita Lee, in Journal of the Operational Research Society, 47, 6, 1996, 794-802.
- “An Empirical Assessment of Influences on POM Research,” with CW Holsapple, LE Johnson, and JR Tanner, in OMEGA, 24, 3, 1996, 337-345.
- “Evaluating and Classifying POM Journals,” with Clyde W. Holsapple, Linda Ellis Johnson, and John R. Tanner in Journal of Operations Management, 15, 1997, 123-138.
- “Analytic Hierarchy Process for Robot Selection,” in Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 16, 5, 1997, 381-386.
- “Service Typologies: State of the Art Survey,” with David P. Cook and Chen-Hua Chung in Production and Operations Management, 8, 3, Fall 1999, 318-338.
- “An Analysis of the Production Line versus the Case Manager Approach to Information Intensive Services,” with Uday M. Apte and Cynthia M. Beath in Decision Sciences, 30, 4, 1999, 1105-1129.
- “Designing Group Technology Manufacturing Systems Using a Branch and Bound Approach,” with Chun-Hung Cheng and Anita Lee-Post in Computers and Industrial Engineering, 40, 2001, 117-131.
- “Applying Lean Manufacturing Principles to Information Intensive Services,” with Uday Apte in International Journal of Service Technology and Management, 5, 5/6, 2004, 488-506.
- “Using Multiple Experts to Evaluate the Authenticity of Chinese Antiques’, International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management, 22, 1, 2014, pp.48-52.
- “E-Learning via the Internet: Theory and Practice,” with Snehamay Banerjee. Special Issue of International Journal of the Computer, the Internet and Management o “Interdisplinary Research and Development for Sustainability,” 7.1-7.6, vol. 23, SP1, 2016.
Dr. Chon Goh, associate professor of management at the Rutgers School of Business—Camden; author of research articles in such journals as Management Science and Journal of Operations Management. He can discuss:
|Corporate Management, Governance and Finance:
• Strategic operations management
• Service organizations and operations
• Lean principles