Maureen (Mimi) Morrin, Ph.D.
Ph.D., New York University
Dr. Morrin’s research focuses on examining how the human senses impact the consumer decision-making process. Her articles have been published in leading journals and she serves on the editorial review boards of the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, and Journal of Consumer Research. She currently serves as Area Editor at the Journal of Consumer Psychology. Dr. Morrin has received several external grants to support her research as well as several teaching awards and reviewing awards from the Journal of Consumer Psychology and Journal of Public Policy & Marketing. She particularly enjoys teaching courses in business analytics. She received her Ph.D. from New York University, where she was a Consortium Fellow and won an Outstanding Teaching award. She also is a graduate of Thunderbird (MBA) and Georgetown University (BSFS). Her background includes five years of corporate work experience in advertising at Ted Bates and brand management at James River Corp and Playtex Family Products.
Research Interests: Consumer Behavior; Sensory and Experiential Marketing
Courses Taught: Consumer Behavior; Customer Data Analytics; Database Marketing; Marketing Management
- Reynolds-McIlnay, Ryann and Maureen Morrin. (Forthcoming). Increasing Shopper Trust in Retailer Technological Interfaces via Auditory Confirmation. Journal of Retailing.
- Maille, Virginie, Maureen Morrin and Ryann Reynolds-McIlnay (Forthcoming). On the Other Hand…: Enhancing Promotional Effectiveness with Haptic Cues. Journal of Marketing Research.
- Ye, Ning, Maureen Morrin and Kristina Kampfer. (Forthcoming). From Glossy to Greasy: The Impact of Learned Associations on Perceptions of Food Healthfulness. Journal of Consumer Psychology.
- Pham, Nguyen, Maureen Morrin and Melissa Bublitz, (2019). Flavor Halos and Consumer Perceptions of Food Healthfulness. European Journal of Marketing, 53(4), 685-707.
- Nenkov, Gergana, Maureen Morrin, Virginie Maille, Tracy Rank-Christman, and May O. Lwin, (2019). Sense and Sensibility: The Impact of Visual and Auditory Sensory Input on Marketplace Morality. Journal of Business Research, 95, 428-441.
- Madzharov, Adriana, Ning Ye, Maureen Morrin, and Lauren Block, (2018). The Impact of Coffee-Like Scent on Consumer Expectations and Performance. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 57, 83-86.
- Reynolds-McIlnay, Ryann, Maureen Morrin and Jens Nordfelt. (2017). How Product-Environment Brightness Contrast and Product Disarray Impact Consumer Choice in Retail Environments. Journal of Retailing, 93(3), 266-282.
- Rank-Christman, Tracy, Maureen Morrin, and Christine Ringler. (2017). R-E-S-P-E-C-T Find Out What My Name Means to Me: The Effects of Marketplace Misidentification on Consumption. Journal of Consumer Psychology, 27(3), 333-340.
- Lwin, May O., Maureen Morrin, Chiao Sing Trinetta Chong and Su Xin Goh. (2016). Odor Semantics and Visual Cues: What We Smell Impacts Where We Look, What We Remember, and What We Want to Buy. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, 29 (2-3), 336-350.