Ph.D., State University of New York at Binghamton, 2014
Research interests: Financial Reporting and Disclosure, Audit Quality, Corporate Social Responsibility, International Accounting
Courses Taught: Intermediate Accounting, Management Accounting, Financial Accounting
Awards and Honors:
- Research Council grant, Rutgers University, 2017-2018
- Catalyst Grant Award ($5000) from Provost Research Fund, Rutgers -Camden, 2017
- Superior Achievement Award in Teaching, Rutgers School of Business-Camden, 2017
- Superior Achievement Award in Research, Rutgers School of Business-Camden, 2016
- Distinguished Dissertation Award ($500), Binghamton University, 2015
- Journal of International Accounting Research the 2nd conference travel grant ($3000), 2014
- Graduate Student Excellence in Teaching Award, SUNY at Binghamton, 2012
- Dean’s Honor Roll for Excellence in Teaching, SUNY at Binghamton, fall 2011
- Binghamton Foundation Travel Grant Award, 2012
- SUNY Research Foundation Enhancement Award, 2011, 2012
- Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium, American Accounting Association, 2011
- Research Assistantship of PwC’s Inquiries Awards, Binghamton University, 2009
Brief Summary of Research Focus
Dr. Guo’s research focuses on financial reporting quality, internal controls and stakeholders’ interests. It also investigates audit quality, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility issues. Her research has appeared and is forthcoming in The Accounting Review, Contemporary Accounting Research, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of International Accounting Research and Journal of Information Systems etc.
- “Do debt covenant violations serve as a risk factor of ineffective internal control?” with Pinghsun Huang and Yan Zhang, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 2019, Vol 52 (1): 231-251.
- “Expertise Rents from Insider Trading for Financial Experts on Audit Committees” with Scott Duellman, Yan Zhang and Nan Zhou, Contemporary Accounting Research, 2018, Vol 35 (2): 930-955.
- “Accounting experts of audit committee and expected rate of return estimation in pension accounting” with Joseph Comprix, Yan Zhang and Nan Zhou, Research in Accounting Regulation, 2017, Vol 29 (2): 159-166.
- “XBRL implementation and Post-earnings-announcement drift: the impact of state ownership in China” with Songsheng Chen and Xiaoxiao Tong, Journal of Information Systems, 2017 (Lead Article), Vol 31 (1): 1-19.
- “The effect of employee treatment policies on internal control weakness and financial restatements” with Pinghsun Huang, Yan Zhang and Nan Zhou, The Accounting Review, July 2016, Vol. 91 (4).
- “Foreign ownership and real earnings management: Evidence from Japan” with Pinghsun Huang, Yan Zhang and Nan Zhou, Journal of International Accounting Research, 2015, Vol. 14 (2): 185-213.
- “Does the Value of Cash Holdings Deteriorate or Improve with Material Weaknesses in Internal Control over Financial Reporting?” with Pinghsun Huang, Tongshu Ma and Yan Zhang, Journal of Banking and Finance, 2015, Vol. 54: 30-45.
- “Analyst’s cash flow forecasts and pricing of accruals”, with Linna Shi and Huai Zhang, Advances in Accounting, 2014, Vol. 30(1): 95-105.