Ph.D., University of Memphis
Dr. Ma’s research interests include corporate governance, management across cultures and social networks. She has published research articles in top academic journals, including Strategic Management Journal, International Business Review and Human Resource Management Review.
Research Interests: Strategic Management
Courses Taught: Strategic Management; Business Policy; Multinational Business
Professional Activities and Honors: Richard B & Laura Cray Faculty Award
- Ma, R. & Huang, Y. Forthcoming. An opportunity-based explanation of entrepreneurial intention: Evidence from Global Sourcing Suppliers in China. Journal of Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
- Xia, J., Dawley, D., Jiang, H., Ma, R., Boal, K. 2016. Resolving a dilemma of signaling bankrupt-firm emergence: A dynamic integrative view. Strategic Management Journal, 37: 1754-1764.
- Ma, R. & Huang, Y. 2016. Opportunity-based strategic orientation, knowledge acquisition, and entrepreneurial alertness: The perspective of the global sourcing suppliers in China. Journal of Small Business Management, 54(3): 953-972
- Ma, R., Huang, Y., & Shenkar, O. 2011. Social Networks and Opportunity Recognition: A Cultural Comparison between Taiwan and the United States. Strategic Management Journal. 32 (11): 1183- 1205.
- Ma, R. & Allen, D. 2009. Recruiting across cultures: A value-based model of recruitment, Human Resource Management Review, 19(4): 334-346.
- Tsai, M., Huang, Y. & Ma, R., 2009. Antecedents and consequences of global responsiveness: An empirical examination of MNCs in the global sourcing context. International Business Review, 18 (6): 617-629.