Ph.D., Rutgers University
Dr. S. Karti Puranam received his Ph.D. in Supply Chain Management from Rutgers Business School. His research interests include healthcare supply chains, perishable inventory management, bidding strategies in auctions, Markov chains and Markov decision processes and supply chain management. He has taught courses in Operations and supply chain management, sustainable operations management, statistics and management information systems at the undergraduate and MBA levels.
Areas of Expertise
- Supply chain management
- Healthcare supply chains
- Supply chain analytics
- Inventory management
- Perishable inventory management
- Stochastic modeling and optimization
- Dynamic programming
- Markov chains and Markov decision processes
- Queuing theory
- Auction theory
- Ph.D. in Supply Chain Management, Rutgers Business School
- Tech. in Computer Integrated Manufacturing. IIT Bombay
- Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, IIT Bombay
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Data Mining
- Introduction to Statistics
- Decision Support Analysis
- Sustainable Operations Management
- S. Puranam, D. Novak, M. Lucas and M. Fung. On the management of blood inventory with uncontrollable transfers. (Forthcoming)
- Dalman and K. S. Puranam. Consumer Evaluation of Ingredient Branding Strategy: An Application of Regression Trees. In the proceedings of 44th EMAC Annual Conference, Leuven, Belgium, 2015.
- N. Katehakis and K.S. Puranam. On Optimal Bidding in Internet Concurrent Auctions. Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on Applied Mathematics and Informatics, (2015).
- S. Puranam and M. N. Katehakis. On Optimal Bidding and Inventory Control in Sequential Procurement Auctions: The Multi Period case. Annals of Operations Research, 217(1) (2014), 447-462
- S. Puranam and M. N. Katehakis. On optimising taboo criteria in Markov decision processes. International Journal of Applied Decision Sciences, 7 (1) (2014), 33-43.
- N. Katehakis and K. S. Puranam. On Bidding for a Fixed Number of Items in a Sequence of Auctions. European Journal of Operations Research, 222 (2012), 76-84.
- N. Katehakis and K. S. Puranam. On Optimal Bidding in Sequential Procurement Auctions. Operations Research Letters, 40 (4) (2012), 244-249.
- N. Katehakis and K. S. Puranam. On Optimal Replacement under Semi-Markov Conditions. WSEAS International Transactions on Mathematics, Vol. 6(3), (2007), 330-334.
- Tavana, Madjid, and Kartikeya Puranam. Handbook of Research on Organizational Transformations through Big Data Analytics. IGI Global, 2015. 1-424. doi:10.4018/978-1-4666-7272-7
- Tavana, Madjid, and Szabat, Kathryn, Kartikeya Puranam. Organizational Productivity and Performance Measurements Using Predictive Modeling and Analytics. IGI Global (Forthcoming)