1. How does the PMAc differ from other MAc programs?
- The PMAc is a cohort program wherein a student goes through the accelerated 16-month program with a peer group of professionals and executives with diverse work and educational backgrounds.
2. How long will it take to complete each session?
- 10 weeks.
3. If a student must drop from the PMAc program, is there an opportunity for re-entry?
- Yes, depending on the reason for the drop.
4. Are there any special events for program participants?
- Kick-off dinner (during first month of program)
- Holiday party (December)
- Graduation Party (May)
Curriculum and Course Requirements:
1. How many credit hours are required to complete the PMAc Program?
- 30 credit hours
2. What is the structure of the Rutgers-Camden PMAc?
- Five (5) sessions, and each session will run for 10 weeks, with no more than two courses required for each session. Class are lock-step with a pre-programmed order.
3. Is a concentration available within the program?
4. Can a person take Rutgers-Camden PMAc classes without being admitted to the program?
1. When do the PMAc classes meet?
- All day Saturday
2. What times do the PMAc classes meet?
- 8:00 AM – 5: 00 PM
3. How long is each session?
- 10 weeks.
1. When is the PMAc application deadline?
- The program adopts rolling admissions; the earlier you apply, the earlier you get an interview. Deadline for applications extended to September 1, 2017.
2. Where do I obtain an application?
- To apply online, visit the Rutgers Graduate admissions website here.
3. What supporting materials are required with my application?
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Official transcripts (from all undergraduate schools attended)
- Completed application
- $70 non-refundable application fee
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from a current or recent supervisor)
- Standardized test scores
4. Is a standardized test required for admission to the PMAc program?
5. Are standardized test scores ever waived?
- Yes. Applicants with exceptional work experience or hold an advanced degree or CPA from the United States should send their resume and a copy of all transcripts or certificates to our graduate office requesting a waiver of test scores. The Associate Dean of Graduate Programs or his/her designee will provide a response within 7 working days of the request. Those interested in seeking a GMAT waiver request, please email your resume to Natalie Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Is work experience required?
7. Does the application process require an interview?
- Yes. The Graduate Office will schedule interviews for qualified applicants.
8. Can I apply to the PMAc program as a non-degreed or non-matriculated student?
9. Is an undergraduate degree in business required for admission?
- No. A four-year bachelor’s degree is required, but it does not have to be in business. A Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting program was designed for students who have earned a bachelor’s degree in a non-accounting major, and who have been conditionally accepted in the PMAc program.
10. When are admission decisions made?
- 48-72 hours after the interview.
11. Are international student eligible for admission?
- No, students holding a F or J visa are ineligible for this program
Fees and Financial Aid:
1. What is the cost of tuition?
- There is a flat tuition rate for each cohort. Please contact RutgersPMAc@camden.rutgers.edu for more information.
2. What is the payment structure of the tuition?
- Once accepted, there is a non-refundable deposit of $2,500 due prior to the first day of class. The remaining tuition will be due in 4 equal segments over the duration of the program. Payments will be due 30 days after completion of each session and grades are posted, except for Session 5 which is due 30 days before the end of the session.
3. What does the tuition include?
- Tuition, fees, textbooks, parking, program gatherings and cap & gown.
4. Can I apply to financial aid for the PMAc program?
- Yes. You may qualify for federal assistance. Please visit our Financial Aid Office for more information.
- Website: http://studentaid.rutgers.edu
- Phone: 856-225-6039
5. Who can I contact to see if Veteran benefits apply?