Jordan Harbaugh

Jordan, you came here from Clearview High School, why did you choose Rutgers School of Business – Camden (RSBC)?
I knew looking into RSBC that their business program is one of the best in the country. It also helped that I don’t live far from campus. I always have the peace-of-mind of being just 15 minutes away from home.

What originally made you want to get into marketing?
I chose to go with the marketing side of business because it runs in my family. My dad and brother are both involved in marketing and I think it is very interesting to observe the change that is always happening and what people are interested in at that moment.

Have you gotten involved on-campus?
I just recently got involved in SACC. SACC is the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee organized by the NCAA to connect the student-athletes with NCAA leadership.

That is great. So you are an athlete on-campus?
Yes! I was on varsity for four years at Clearview and wanted to continue that part of my life in college. Rutgers – Camden gave me an opportunity to do that. I am also involved in a basketball program in my hometown at my old elementary school. The organization is called CYB (Clearview Youth Basketball) and I help coach some of their winter games and coach/train full-time in the summer to help the young girls work on their skillset.

What has surprised you most about Rutgers-Camden from the time you arrived?
The most surprising aspect of the campus-life here has honestly been the area. Knowing the university that I chose was in Camden, I wasn’t sure what to expect, but the on-campus security and police have made me feel safe here even walking from the campus center to the dorms at night. On top of that, I’m literally two-minutes away from Philly for when I have free time with my friends.

We spoke recently about your future and we’re glad to hear that you have secured an internship with a cross-fit gym! Is there a favorite class of yours that you feel has prepared you for work?
Business Essentials has definitely helped me prepare for it. In class we discuss networking and getting your name out there. The location I work at has 200+ members and I have connected with many of them. It has really helped me to pursue future goals.
Some of my friends at other universities told me they don’t start interning until Junior year. I feel that having this opportunity as a Freshman will really give me an advantage.

What’s one piece of advice that you would like to give the current Clearview senior class?
To the Seniors at Clearview, think ahead. Always envisioning your future will give you an edge and motivation to put you ahead of your peers that you are competing with. Thinking and planning ahead will make you accomplish the most of your abilities.

Scroll to Top

BLDP Shadowing Days Application

After being notified of a match, students are responsible for providing personal information to the matched executive (e.g., current resume and cover letter with information on career ambitions). The information on this application is for internal use only, for us to match you as well as possible with and executive from among our alumni database.

BLDP Application

The Fall 2020 Application is now open! 

Priority will be given to applications received by Monday, May 25, 2020. Applications are accepted until all seats are filled.

The seminar application process is our gateway for entry into the program. Upon acceptance into BLDP, students will be emailed their acceptance letter plus a special permission number allowing registration for the BLDP seminar.

Requirements

Seminar applications are solicited each semester and require

1. completed application form (submitted online and found elsewhere on this website),
  2. a personal essay, and
  3. two letters of recommendation (one academic; one other).

Rutgers-Camden students are invited to apply to apply for enrollment in the BLDP seminar. All applicants are expected to meet both of the following selection criteria:  Have sophomore standing or above and have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above. First-semester transfer students will be evaluated based on their GPA earned at Rutgers. Students who fail to meet these admission criteria may still be allowed to apply for (and possibly enroll in) the BLDP seminar, but they will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

The director balances evaluations to make final decisions on people accepted for the seminar (up to a maximum of 15-20 each semester).

Students who are admitted to the BDLP are rquired to adopt the BLDP Code of Conduct. A signed contract is required from each student.

Students may count activities toward “leadership units” that were initiated prior to taking a seminar, as long as those activities occur primarily during their enrollment in their academic program.

Application for Admission to BLDP Seminar

Applications For BLDP Seminar will be ongoing until class is filled.

• * Indicates a required field.

• Contact Information

• Academic Information

• Please enter a number from 0 to 500.
  • Transfer students only.
  • Employment Information

• List relevant employment history

• EmployerPositionDates of Employment 
  • School Leadership Information

• Provide evidence of leadership initiative while enrolled in school by listing all school-based organizations and activities in which you have held a leadership role while a student.

• OrganizationRoleDates 
  • Community Leadership Information

• Provide a list of community or volunteer activities in which you engaged in a leadership role.

• OrganizationRoleDates of Activity 
  • Essay

• Please write a short essay between 150 to 350 words, in which you discuss the reasons why your application should be considered for the Business Leader Development Program, including what you hope to gain from the program and what you can contribute.

• Additional Submission Instructions

• For your application to be complete, this form and TWO REFERENCE LETTERS must be on file in the Director's office. Ideally, you will receive one letter from an academic source (e.g., a former or current instructor), and one from a business source (e.g., a former employer - even if for a part-time or volunteer position). Your letter writers should mail them directly to: Dr. Carol Kaufman-Scarborough, BLDP Director, Rutgers University, School of Business, 227 Penn Street, Camden, NJ 08102 or email the letters to ckaufman@camden.rutgers.edu.

Please only submit one application. If you experience any technical problems or need to submit the application again, please contact ldrshp@camden.rutgers.edu.

Thank you.

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.