Brian Chung

Brian, you traveled down from Central Jersey to choose Rutgers School of Business – Camden. What were some of your deciding factors when you compared RUC vs some other universities in your backyard?
I picked Rutgers School of Business – Camden because Rutgers is recognized nationally and I’d be closer to my girlfriend

Well we’re glad we have you in our Raptor family! What originally made you want to get into the Marketing field?
I did freelance work on Twitter since I was 15 working on accounts for clients. After seeing the potential and profit from doing this for over three years, when it came to picking my major it wasn’t difficult.

Have you gotten involved in the world of Marketing during your time on-campus?
Yes! I’ve freelanced with many small companies. As a Social Media Influencer, I have gotten the chance to see how the field is and make connections with many entrepreneurs.

That’s great that you’re not only growing yourself as an influencer, but also turning that into a profitable business. How do you see that helping you in the future?
I see my skills in social media being used in the future for a fashion niche business. The connections I’ve made throughout my career would help me out with this as well as my own social media followings.

What has surprised you most about Rutgers – Camden from the time you arrived?
The thing that surprised me the most when I arrived at RUC was the professors. My first semester here I thought my gen. ed. Would be taught by professors who just regurgitated words on a PowerPoint, but I was pleasantly surprised to have a different experience where the professors I had were actually engaging with the classes and it made the transition easier.

So, you’re only a Freshman. You have so much time to get involved on-campus, but is there a favorite class on the horizon that you’re looking forward to – to prepare you for your career in the future?
I’m excited for the marketing focused classes towards the end of my academic career at RUC. It would help me tone the skills I already possess and teach me new skills I’ll use for a lifetime.

That should be extremely beneficial! What’s one piece of advice that you would give the current Old Bridge Senior class?
One piece of advice I’d give to them would be to follow your aspirations and don’t let anyone get in your head. It’s your life so take control of it.

Scroll to Top

BLDP Shadowing Days Application

After being notified of a match, students are responsible for providing personal information to the matched executive (e.g., current resume and cover letter with information on career ambitions). The information on this application is for internal use only, for us to match you as well as possible with and executive from among our alumni database.

BLDP Application

The Fall 2020 Application is now open! 

Priority will be given to applications received by Monday, May 25, 2020. Applications are accepted until all seats are filled.

The seminar application process is our gateway for entry into the program. Upon acceptance into BLDP, students will be emailed their acceptance letter plus a special permission number allowing registration for the BLDP seminar.

Requirements

Seminar applications are solicited each semester and require

1. completed application form (submitted online and found elsewhere on this website),
  2. a personal essay, and
  3. two letters of recommendation (one academic; one other).

Rutgers-Camden students are invited to apply to apply for enrollment in the BLDP seminar. All applicants are expected to meet both of the following selection criteria:  Have sophomore standing or above and have an overall GPA of 3.0 or above. First-semester transfer students will be evaluated based on their GPA earned at Rutgers. Students who fail to meet these admission criteria may still be allowed to apply for (and possibly enroll in) the BLDP seminar, but they will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

The director balances evaluations to make final decisions on people accepted for the seminar (up to a maximum of 15-20 each semester).

Students who are admitted to the BDLP are rquired to adopt the BLDP Code of Conduct. A signed contract is required from each student.

Students may count activities toward “leadership units” that were initiated prior to taking a seminar, as long as those activities occur primarily during their enrollment in their academic program.

Application for Admission to BLDP Seminar

Applications For BLDP Seminar will be ongoing until class is filled.

• * Indicates a required field.

• Contact Information

• Academic Information

• Please enter a number from 0 to 500.
  • Transfer students only.
  • Employment Information

• List relevant employment history

• EmployerPositionDates of Employment 
  • School Leadership Information

• Provide evidence of leadership initiative while enrolled in school by listing all school-based organizations and activities in which you have held a leadership role while a student.

• OrganizationRoleDates 
  • Community Leadership Information

• Provide a list of community or volunteer activities in which you engaged in a leadership role.

• OrganizationRoleDates of Activity 
  • Essay

• Please write a short essay between 150 to 350 words, in which you discuss the reasons why your application should be considered for the Business Leader Development Program, including what you hope to gain from the program and what you can contribute.

• Additional Submission Instructions

• For your application to be complete, this form and TWO REFERENCE LETTERS must be on file in the Director's office. Ideally, you will receive one letter from an academic source (e.g., a former or current instructor), and one from a business source (e.g., a former employer - even if for a part-time or volunteer position). Your letter writers should mail them directly to: Dr. Carol Kaufman-Scarborough, BLDP Director, Rutgers University, School of Business, 227 Penn Street, Camden, NJ 08102 or email the letters to ckaufman@camden.rutgers.edu.

Please only submit one application. If you experience any technical problems or need to submit the application again, please contact ldrshp@camden.rutgers.edu.

Thank you.

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.