Campus Operating Status: The university is open and operating, and classes are proceeding on a normal schedule.
1. Rob, you came here from Kingsway Regional High School, why did you choose Rutgers – Camden School of Business?
I chose Rutgers – Camden because I have several family members, as well as friends, that have gone to Rutgers and have told me how great their experiences were. In addition, add in the Bridging the Gap Program along with being next to my favorite city, Philadelphia, and it’s a no-brainer.
2. What originally made you choose Marketing as your major?
I am actually now a double major in Marketing and Management. I chose those two because of a business class I took my senior year in high school. It really struck me as an interesting combination. Prior to that, I was very undecided.
3. Have you gotten involved on-campus outside of the classroom?
Yes, for sure. I live on-campus and have a student worker job with the School of Business. I am a founding father and current Recruitment Chair of the Alpha Chi Rho (AXP) chapter here at Rutgers – Camden. I’m also a member of the Honors College, and I am occasionally involved with both the Marketing and Management Association groups on campus.
4. That’s great that you’ve been involved. What has been your favorite part of living on-campus?
My favorite part of living here easily has to be the new people I have met and the new experiences I’ve made from living on my own. Also, being this close to Philadelphia and Cherry Hill means there is always something to do and great food to eat!
5. What has surprised you the most about Rutgers – Camden from the time you arrived?
Despite it being a small campus, there is always so much to do and so many things to get involved in.
6. We’re glad that you’ve enjoyed your time here and excited that you’re getting work experience on-campus while completing your degree. Is there a favorite class of yours that has prepared you for the future?
Considering I don’t know if I’ll take more of a marketing or management path in the future I am not sure which class will prepare me the most. However, I really enjoyed Multinational Business because it taught me about business in different cultures around the world. Our professor had actually worked all over the world, so it was really beneficial to see him bring real-life experiences into the classroom.
7. What’s one piece of advice that you would give the current Kingsway senior class?
Wherever you decide to go or whatever you decide to do, put yourself out there to meet new people and gain new experiences you never thought you would have.