Campus Operating Status: The university is open and operating, and classes are proceeding on a normal schedule.
Dr. Andrei Nikiforov
Assistant Professor of Professional Practice
Office: BSB 435A
Phone: (856) 225-6594
Ph.D., University of Missouri (Columbia) MBA, University of Missouri M.Sc., Perm State University (Russia)
Dr. Andrei L Nikiforov studies how financial markets respond to the flow of information. Specifically, he looks into the effect of earnings seasons on the prices of stocks and bonds. According to Andrei’s research investors require extra return to hold stocks that are sensitive to the high uncertainty periods caused by the earnings seasons. In addition, he studies how liquidity shocks caused by the flow of information can be transferred across different markets. Dr. Nikiforov’s research is applied to generate abnormal returns in the options markets.
Courses Taught: Investment and Portfolio Management; Financial Management
- “How much do investors trade because of name/ticker confusion?” with Vadim Balashov. Journal of Financial Markets, 2019, vol. 46, 1-24 (leading article).
- Profiled in Wall Street Journal on July 12, 2019 (by Jason Zweig “Intelligent Investor” column)
- Profiled in Wall Street Journal on October 6, 2019 (by Matthew Kassel in “WSJ reports” column)
- Profiled in Quarts on August 21, 2019 (By Adam Rasmi): https://qz.com/1687360/stock-name-and-ticker-confusion-costs-investors-millions-every-year/
- “Security design, market risk and round quotes in the Treasury bond market” with Eugene Pilotte. Applied Economics Letters, 2019, 26(12), 971-977.
- “Improved Bounds in Stochastic Matching and Optimization” with Baveja, A., Chavan, A., Srinivasan, A., Xu, P., Algorithmica. 2017, pp.1-28. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00453-017-0383-4
- “Macroeconomic Announcements and Price Clustering in the U.S. Treasury Market,” with Eugene Pilotte. The Financial Review. February 2017, 52(1), 69-100.
- “Fear and Greed: a Returns-Based Trading Strategy around Earnings Announcements” with Ivo Jansen. The Journal of Portfolio Management. Summer 2016, 42(2), 88-95.
- “Quote Activity and Round Quotes in a Voice-Brokered Bond Market” with Eugene Pilotte, Applied Economic Letters. May 2016, 24(4), 214-218.
- “Finance methodology of Free Cash Flow” with Uzi Yaari, Shachomurove, and E. Kahya. Global Finance Journal. February 2016, 29, 1-11.
- “Intraday periodicity in algorithmic trading,” with John Broussard. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money. 30, May 2014, 196-204.