Dr. David Pedersen
Associate Professor & Director of Certificates in Finance
Office: BSB 219
Phone: (856) 225-6763
Ph.D., Drexel University
David Pedersen joined the Rutgers School of Business as an Assistant Professor of Finance in 2013. He received his B.S. in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and his Ph.D. from Drexel University. His research focuses on mergers and acquisitions, institutional investors, and financial distress. It has been published in journals such as the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Corporate Finance and Journal of Empirical Legal Studies. His study of skill differences in corporate acquisitions was awarded Seton Hall University/NJ Policy Research Organization Foundation’s 2014 Bright Ideas Award.
Research Interests: Mergers and Acquisitions; Institutional Investors; Financial Distress
Courses Taught: Mergers and Acquisitions (Undergraduate), Corporate Finance (Undergraduate), Financial Management (Graduate)
- “Financial Distress and the Cost of Labor: Evidence from a Natural Experiment,” Review of Financial Economics (Special Issue), Forthcoming.
- “Do Business Ties Generate Private Information? Evidence from Institutional Trading Around M&A Announcements,” Finance Research Letters, Forthcoming, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.frl.2020.101462.
- “Can Mispricing Explain the Value Premium?” with Jeff Jaffe, Jan Jindra, and Torben Voetmann, Financial Management, Forthcoming, https://doi.org/10.1111/fima.12272.
- “Do Unlisted Targets Sell at Discounts?” with Jeff Jaffe, Jan Jindra, and Torben Voetmann, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, June 2019, pp. 1371‐1401.
- “Secondary Market Liquidity and Primary Pricing of Corporate Bonds” with Michael Goldstein and Edith Hotchkiss, Journal of Risk and Financial Management, May 2019, https://doi.org/10.3390/jrfm12020086.
- “Risk Shifting and Corporate Pension Plans: Evidence from a Natural Experiment,” Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, April 2019, pp. 907‐923.
- “Returns to Acquirers of Public and Subsidiary Targets” with Jeff Jaffe, Jan Jindra, and Torben Voetmann, Journal of Corporate Finance 31, March 2015, pp.246-270.
- “Skill Differences in Corporate Acquisitions” with Jeff Jaffe and Torben Voetmann, Journal of Corporate Finance 23, December 2013, pp.166-181.
- “The Price Effects of Event Risk Protection: The Results from a Natural Experiment” with Karl Okamoto and Natalie Pedersen, Journal of Empirical Legal Studies 8, December 2011, pp.878-903.