Rutgers School of Business–Camden
GEICO Case Competition
This case competition is open to all Rutgers–Camden undergraduate students.
Benefits for students:
- Receive coaching and mentoring by GEICO management.
- Build business acumen, communication, and presentation skills.
- Network and learn more about the insurance industry.
How it works:
- Complete the application form, including your resume and cover letter with an explanation of why you would like to participate in the GEICO Case Competition.
- Once selected, students will be assigned to one of six (6) teams to work on the case.
- Each Team will develop a team contract to be submitted to the Student Experience Center.
- Each team will be assigned a manager at GEICO to use as a contact. Each week teams will have designated time to review any questions with their assigned manager.
- Your team’s case strategy will be presented to the GEICO Management Team as a verbal presentation of 15-20 minutes with PowerPoint slides.
- Application Due – 2/12
- Selection of Teams – week of 2/15 – 2/19
- Kick-off and introductions of GEICO Management Team – week of 3/1 – 3/5
- Midway checkpoint – 10-minute presentation by each team to the GEICO Management Team – week of 3/29 – 4/2
- Final presentations to GEICO Management Team – week of 4/19 – 4/23
Commitment Time: 8 weeks during the spring semester, starting in March and ending in April
Award/Prizes: Winners of the competition will receive a Trophy, GEICO prize basket, and an 8-week leadership mentoring program with a member of the GEICO Management Team.
The Case: Research and prepare a formal business proposal outlining your team’s strategy and recommendations to attract enough qualified candidates to hire at least 50 employees per year over the next three (3) years. The strategy should include:
- Strategy to increase the volume of qualified, diverse candidates
- Strategy to improve long-term retention of excellent team members
Some areas to research and consider as part of your proposal:
- Recruitment methods
- Selection process
- Benefits and compensation / culture
- Performance Evaluations
Please only submit one application. If you experience any technical problems or need to submit the application again, please contact email@example.com.