Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we offer students the option to complete their MBA online. Please visit Rutgers Online MBA to learn more.
Curriculum and Course Requirements
Fourteen (14) three-credit courses (42 credit hours) are required to complete the program. It is possible to waive and transfer up to six credits, respectively (12 total credit hours) based on prior academic work. At least 10 courses (30 credit hours) must be taken at Rutgers–Camden.
Our MBA program is comprised of three parts consisting of fourteen (14) required courses: (5) Core courses, (5) Business Application courses, and (4) Electives courses. In addition, we have three Introductory Seminars: Excel, The Story of Business (Accounting), and Managerial Economics. These are non-credit, preparatory, web-based preparatory seminars to help you prepare for the MBA curriculum.
Students can transfer up to 6 credits for previous graduate work, provided the following criteria has been met:
a. The graduate school where the work was complete was AACSB accredited.
b. A grade of B or better was received.
c. Course was a minimum of 3 credits.
d. Course must be approved by the associate dean of graduate studies/programs.
Students who apply to the Online MBA or Traditional MBA program can apply for a course waiver(s). Waivers may be granted for up to 6-credits (two courses). Course work must be taken at an accredited four-year college or university in the period covering last ten (10) calendar years. The 10-year time limit applies to the course and not the program and is to be applied based on when the student is starting the program.
Yes, students may concentrate their four elective courses in a specific area to earn a Certificate.
- During the Fall and Spring semesters, classes meet one night per week (Monday through Thursday) from 6:00-8:50pm. Occasionally, we offer Saturday classes.
- During the Summer session, classes are offered online only for a 12-week session. For information, visit: https://summer.camden.rutgers.edu/
- During the Winterim session, classes are offered online only for a 3-week session. For information, visit https://winterim.camden.rutgers.edu/
Applicants can apply online at Graduate Admissions.
- Original transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended*
- A personal statement
- At least two letters of recommendation
- GMAT or GRE (Standardize test Exemption)
- TOEFL or IELTS (international students only)
- A current resume
Yes, GRE/GMATs are waived for 2021 due to COVID.
- GMAT score
- Undergraduate institution, GPA and major area of study
- Work experience and potential for leadership
- TOEFL scores (if schooled outside the U.S.)
- Goals for pursing the MBA degree