Ph.D., University of Central Florida
Research Interests: Integrated information technology and its impact upon accounting.
Courses Taught: Managerial Accounting; Accounting Information System
Professional Activities & Honors:
- College of Business Administration PhD Research Award (2011, UCF)
- Doctoral Consortium Fellow (2009)
- PHD Project ADSA Planning Committee (2007 – 2009)
- Honorary Speaker, “Challenge to Change” program (Maitland Middle School, 2007)
- KPMG Doctoral Scholar (2005 – 2009)
- FAMU Feeder Fellowship Recipient (UCF, 2005 – 2007)
- Distinguished Service Award (FAMU School of Business & Industry, 2004)
- Presidential Scholarship Recipient (FAMU, 2000 – 2005)
- Canada, J and E. Kinory. (2020) The Impact of Mutual Monitoring and Enterprise System Integration on the Empowerment of Managers. International Journal of Enterprise Information Systems. 16(2): Forthcoming.
- Canada, J. and E. Harris. (2019) The Role of Web Assurance Seals in Nonprofit Giving. Journal of Information Systems, In Press.
- Arnold, V., and T. Benford, J. Canada, and S.G. Sutton. (2015) Leveraging Integrated Information Systems to Enhance Strategic Flexibility and Performance: The Enabling Role of Enterprise Risk Management. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 19, pp 1-16.
- Arnold, V., T. Benford. J. Canada, and S.G. Sutton. (2011) The Role of Strategic Enterprise Risk Management and Organizational Flexibility in Easing New Regulatory Compliance. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems.
- Canada, J., Sutton, S., and Kuhn, J. (2009) The Pervasive Nature of IT Controls: An Examination of Material Weaknesses in IT Controls and Audit Fees. International Journal of Accounting and Information Management. 17(1), pp 106-119.
- Canada, J., Benford, T., Arnold, V. and Sutton, S. (2008) The Impact of Government Legislation on the Market For Corporate Ownership. Corporate Ownership and Control. 6(1), pp. 138-146.
- Canada, J., Kuhn, J., and Sutton, S. (2008) Accidentally in the Public Interest: The Perfect Storm that Yielded the Sarbanes Oxley Act. Critical Perspectives on Accounting. 19(7), pp. 987-1003.
- Arnold, V., Benford, T., Canada, J., Kuhn, J., and Sutton, S. (2007) The Unintended Consequences of Sarbanes Oxley on Technology Innovation and Supply Chain Integration. The Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting. 4, pp. 103-122.
Research Work in Progress:
- Arnold, V., T. Benford. J. Canada, and S.G. Sutton. “Enhancing Strategic Flexibility and Performance Through Enterprise Risk Management: The Enabling Role of IT Integration” Submitted to Decision Sciences- 2nd round